WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there people of WUS! I am a newbie at this forum and also a newbie in terms of manual winding-watches. I recently got my NOMOS Tangente 35mm without the power reserve (I bought this watch to see if they are worth investing more money in and they sure look like a solid brand to invest on!). I am confused about how often/much I should wind my watch without damaging the internal movement. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Once per day, preferably the same time (e.g. wake up) until full - you should fell a small resistance telling you when to stop.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,123 Posts
Should be no problem. Wind it up since you feel resistance. That's the point to stop winding.

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've already established credibility with your selection of Nomos.

To your question -- just put it on a winder and don't worry about it. (newbie, right? just havin some fun)

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys I guess I will be winding my watch when I wake up until I feel some resistance.

·
Premium Member
22,046 Posts
To your question -- just put it on a winder and don't worry about it. (newbie, right? just havin some fun)
There are winders for manual wind watches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts