WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this delivered yesterday. My first Orient. I looked at different styles and settled on this awesome affordable, the Orient Flight. It's a 42mm pilot style watch. Powered by the 48743 automatic movement, it is not hand winding or hacking.
I chose the black IP coated stainless steel case modelI swapped the original leather strap for a better one, and that is probable the one gripe on this watch. But, straps are easy to change. The lug size is 22mm. The Lume is very very good. The crystal is mineral, but at this price point, $125, not a deficit. I'm impressed with this pilot watch. At 12mm thickness it is actually very slim. If you're looking for a pilot style watch I would really recommend the Orient Flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Finally, I'm not the only PVD pilot owner anymore!

This is generally spot on, having had mine over a year. I also replaced the strap but I wasn't so much disappointed with the quality as I was feeling that it didn't really fit the watch (not really pilot-ish in particular.)

Reactions: Aradan

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love mine. THe straps are a weak point on most (all?) orients. I don't really know why they want to go making such a nice looking watch, and then saddle it with such a cheapish looking/feeling band. Had the same problem with my Seiko SNKN37 too, so maybe it's just what they do when they try to get a really nice watch to a low price point. I know I've bought cheaper watches with better looking bands. When I replaced the band on my Flight with a Hirsch band it looked like a whole new watch. It's kinda lame spend $150, and get such a lame band. Easily remedied, but it makes me wonder: If it only costs me $25 to get a nicer band, how much more would it really cost them to use good quality leather instead of that corrected grain plasticky feeling garbage?

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I love mine. THe straps are a weak point on most (all?) orients. I don't really know why they want to go making such a nice looking watch, and then saddle it with such a cheapish looking/feeling band. Had the same problem with my Seiko SNKN37 too, so maybe it's just what they do when they try to get a really nice watch to a low price point. I know I've bought cheaper watches with better looking bands. When I replaced the band on my Flight with a Hirsch band it looked like a whole new watch. It's kinda lame spend $150, and get such a lame band. Easily remedied, but it makes me wonder: If it only costs me $25 to get a nicer band, how much more would it really cost them to use good quality leather instead of that corrected grain plasticky feeling garbage?
Always get an affordable watch on bracelet if you can, then you can buy whatever nice straps you like from third parties.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had mine for about a month now and I too am very satisfied with it. Keeps great time, looks great (mine's the cream color dial version) and feels like quality. I have no issues with the strap though. It's ok, not great but good enough for now. I did condition it with leather oil, wax and brown shoe polish so that probably softened it a bit. I'll get a new one as soon as I can decide whether I'll go for a brown leather nato or an aviator...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts