WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little game for today. What is the common point between these two watches, as they appear here?
(This common point is non-trivial -- e.g. "both are Breitlings", "both have a rotating bezel" etc. are not the answer.)

(The first to find the answer gains my deep respect, as well as public congratulations... :-!)

Cheers guys,
-don

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hi Don,

- Both are yours and very nice watches
- Both appeared first in the 1998 Chronolog

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hi Don,

- Both are yours and very nice watches
- Both appeared first in the 1998 Chronolog

Kind regards,

Cinq
They are worn onm ythe same wrist, by the same person, at the same time.:-X

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...
(valid points, but) keep the answers coming, friends. ;-)

Both watches, as they appear in the picture, share a common characteristic (for the lack of a better word).
That's not obvious at a glance, but you don't have to look any further than that.

I'll give some clues later in the day..... :)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
A little game for today. What is the common point between these two watches, as they appear here?
"As they appear in the picture"

"As they appear here"

But not "what is the common point between any COSC B-1 and any SOP with a yellow dial"?

Both are on straps and posing on a wicker chair? It's non-trivial, after all; without a strap they'd fall off your wrist, and if the chair wasn't there they'd smack onto the floor :)

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,078 Posts
Hi, Don. That's easy. The common point...

between the two watches as shown here is the the center stitch point of the wicker design. The point where all four of the "triangles" of wicker join. However, the best common characteristic for these two pieces is the fact they are really beautiful watches. The worst common characteristic for them is I don't have them here to enjoy. :-D

Hey, I received your envelope in the post yesterday. Very interesting, especially the B-1 advertisement. I remember seeing that photo long ago but not with a watch superimposed on it. I like the SO shot also. Hard to tell if the diver in the photo has the clasp extension over his suit. LOL. Thank you so much for sending those shots to me. I love 'em and I appreciate them very much. Also, thank you for asking your sister about those bags for me as well. I'll email a pic to you a little later so you can see what they look like. :)

Cheers,
Ron

PS. I'll ask Rene' (Dracha) if he has a better scanner he can loan to you. LOL. :-D

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Todd wins!

Both straps appear too small for the watches??
** Absolutely **
Both watches have straps that are 2mm too short in width: the B-1 on a 20-18 (though it's 22mm between the lugs), and the SuperOcean on a 18-16 (though it's 20mm).
So congrats Todd!! :gold Sincerely. Good eyes, pal. B-)

Thanks to all who participated! Decent (and, sometimes, creative :-D) answers were submitted, but this one gets the point.

Cheers,

-don

PS. Hey Ron! Glad to hear the posters arrived. I'll keep my mailbox at hand while waiting for your pictures! :)

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
This is a sad, sad day. I seem to have been promoted to WIS upper manager today. I guess we should have let this contest linger a while before I answered. What's my prize Don? I hope it's a Ferrari. I have always wanted a Ferrari.

Todd

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hi Todd,
What's my prize Don? I hope it's a Ferrari. I have always wanted a Ferrari.
Your prize is getting to buy the correct straps for Don :-D

And for Don: how dare you put the wrong straps on those watches :-D

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,078 Posts
Re: Todd wins!

Don Indiano;209032So congrats Todd!! :gold PS. Hey Ron! Glad to hear the posters arrived. I'll keep my mailbox at hand while waiting for your pictures! :-)[/QUOTE said:
Sour grapes!!! :-D Don, check your email. Gotta run. tee time in forty minutes. !
:)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm... so now that's 3 of us who are in line for a Ferrari.
Everyone interested: please reply to this thread. I heard of a possible 1% rebate when buying 20+ "F430 Spiders"... :think: :-D

Cheers
don "short strap" indiano

1 - 14 of 14 Posts