WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a run! Launched in 1996 and loved as the ultimate beater dive watch. It has an honored place in my watch collection, right next to the Sumo and Emperor Tuna SBDX014. So on this holiday, I'm wearing that now discontinued classic. The skx007. To those in the US, happy Memorial Day and to all others, a happy Monday!

Show off your 007 and 009s!!

1558959761784-197611884.jpg

·
Registered
173 Posts
if you consider the design goes back to the 7548 divers of the late 70's to early 80's, its a 40 year watch!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Where did you get that info?

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
There's a rumour that the SKX would be discontinued, similar to the SARB line.

Fun-fact, they never said that they have been discontinued already (in both SKX/SARB instances)....just that they were planned to be discontinued.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Now I see..... I have to slice open the mattress get out some money, sew the mattress back together, and buy another watch.... No I think I'll just go with a bottle cap.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Rumours of the SKX being discontinued have been happening annually for a while now?

Reactions: barutanseijin

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont understand those threads. Even if Seiko ceases production now, there are still enough stocks for another 2 years. Just like there are enough green alpinist to be bought anytime in 2019.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Last time i looked for an skx on Long island watch they were $209. Today they're $249. I bet Marc got word they are being discontinued.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
We already have a "SHOW OFF YOUR SKX007/009" thread, and its HUGE!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think instead of mourning its passing ( RIP anyway ) , for those who plan to buy should be more worry as the price continues to creep up...

anyway, i have the 011. suitable for once a week wearing to work.

Reactions: impalass
1 - 20 of 20 Posts