WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Rado Starliner, with a dial that may have been repainted. Is there any information on this watch, only 343 942 number listed on the back. Is this watch original?
IMG_20150810_132749.jpg IMG_20150810_132727.jpg IMG_20150810_132703.jpg

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Without a picture of the movement- hard to say if it's original. A bad redial for sure.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
That was once a late 1950s Rado Starliner. It is a redial and the date wheel has also been redone. That Starliner would have had an R signed crown, not that anchor crown. That crown is not even a Rado crown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was once a late 1950s Rado Starliner. It is a redial and the date wheel has also been redone. That Starliner would have had an R signed crown, not that anchor crown. That crown is not even a Rado crown.
where can I find a dial and crown restorations?

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Well, you can look for a crown and dial on eBay, but I'd be careful with the dials- lots of repainted ones are sold as NOS. I don't know how about the date disc. Maybe Cousins UK will have the crown and disc, but the dial- no idea. Of course you can get it repainted again, it's already a redial anyway. But I would advise that only if you run out of possibilities of getting a NOS dial. And, of course, should that be the case, find a pro who can do it properly- do not let a local handyman redial it!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
R signed crowns are rare as hens teeth. You can easily find anchor crowns on ebay, but honestly, your best bet for both a crown and a better dial is to find another whole Starling.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts