WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, somebody is selling this Rado watch and I'm thinking of going for it (been a fan of Rado for a while). Could anyone give me some information on this watch, the seller says it has a 'Schild automatic movement' and to me seems to be from the 1970s. Also, I am not too sure what to look out for when buying these (any specific things to be wary of etc.) so any help here would also be appreciated.

Here's the seller's photo of it:
Rado.jpg

Again, thanks for the help,
Regards

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi guys, somebody is selling this Rado watch and I'm thinking of going for it (been a fan of Rado for a while). Could anyone give me some information on this watch, the seller says it has a 'Schild automatic movement' and to me seems to be from the 1970s. Also, I am not too sure what to look out for when buying these (any specific things to be wary of etc.) so any help here would also be appreciated.

Here's the seller's photo of it:
View attachment 9306938

Again, thanks for the help,
Regards
I like Rados, had 4 of them over the years, only 1 diastar in my collection.
Here you might get some help.
http://www.equationoftime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-RADO-Discussion-Forum

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just got one meself.  Fleabay. 2836-2 movt.  There are quite a number of these flying around.  Other watches with the same movement would be tagged at prices higher that whats generally asked for a Voyager.  Bought mine because I like the movement. Looks clean, so is the case.  In need of a new crystal because there is a chip at the edge. Original clean bracelet too.

Update 7Jan16

The watch runs a little fast even after demag. Need a service I suppose. One thing good about being where we are cost of servicing a watch here is quite low. Not sure what kind of oil the local watchmaker use though. Perhaps I may want to just oil the balance staff meself and see how the accuracy is after. Full service of a watch is still beyond me.

P1070286.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts