WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Could anyone let me know if this is an authentic Rado watch? The serial is R18661213. Any idea which movement it is using and is it worth the price?

R18661213_FLA.jpg
Rado R18661213 | Ashford.com

I cannot find any references other than this site. I tried to email Rado customer service a couple of time but haven't got any response. Ashford customer service says it was launched in 2009.

I'm new to this forum so please don't go all bashing if I have posted in a wrong section. :)

Thanks!

- Amit

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi Amit!

I´m not absolutely sure about ths model - I´m more interested in vintage Rados and don´t know very much about the modern models.
I answered your PM before I read that you already tried to contact Rado. I now try the same, if I don´t get an answer, I´ll ask a friend in USA, who has direct contact to Rado there.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Well, this is the Swatch forum. It is pretty rare to see a Rado walk in. But we aren't going to mug you so don't worry! :)

Ashford is pretty good. If they are selling it, it is probably real. As to if it is worth it, well, their prices are usually pretty good compared to other vendors. But only you can decide it the price is worth it to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike!

I replied to your PM and have contacted Rado. Will let you know when i hear back.

Eeeb, I couldn't find a Rado section. Thanks for your thoughts on Ashford. They do have some mixed reviews. :)

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
... Thanks for your thoughts on Ashford. They do have some mixed reviews. :)
Anybody that deals with the public will get some bad reviews. For example, TAG is a great brand from an ethical company. But look on the TAG forum and you will see many grumps. There are always some customers who will have unreasonable expectations (and there are some times the company messes up). I bet you can even find folks who complain about Patek Phillipe... well, people like me who can't afford them always complain about the price! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reply from Rado Customer service. Not something I didn't know :) I wish they had at least said if the model existed in their line up.

Good Morning

Please be advised ashford.com is NOT an authorized Rado retailer. By purchasing from un-authorized Rado retailers you cannot guarantee the authenticty of the product or movement; you will be responsible for all service fees; and the warranty provided will NOT be honored by Rado. Therefore we strongly urge the purhcase of our timepieces via authorized retailers only.
To make online purchases, please visit Rado Ceramic Watches

Sincerely
Rado US

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It's a very cool watch! I believe it was actually a model sold only in Japan. There is a Rado forum over at Equation of Time that has some incredibly knowledgeable Rado fans. I remember seeing a picture of this one from one of the members there. You may want to post this question over there.

As far as the watch being authentic, I don't think you have much to worry about when buying from Ashford. They guarantee the authenticity of their watches and I have never seen anything to doubt what they sell is real. I've ordered from similar gray market dealers before because it is often the only place where you can even find some of the geographically limited models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts