WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering why Rado watches are not getting a lot of reviews here in this forum? Rado doesn't even have its own thread under the Watch Brand section. Does anybody know any legit online retailers beside Ace Jewellers?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Rado's are great watches. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're well made and their ceramics are pretty much scratch proof. Jomashop.com Ashford.com TheWatchery.com eWatches.com and Amazon.com are a few others you can check out for deals on Rado.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I think Rado doesn't get a lot of attention here because most of their watches are quartz rather than mechanical. If they mostly made mechanical watches, I think they would get a lot more attention. Their Diastar/Original offerings are unique, with a history, and are worthy of more consideration.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Rado's are great watches. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're well made and their ceramics are pretty much scratch proof. Jomashop.com Ashford.com TheWatchery.com eWatches.com and Amazon.com are a few others you can check out for deals on Rado.
+1.

Rado, u either love it or hate it. the unique shape of the the diastar isnt for everyone.
here's mine:
1127352d1371665951-vintage-remakes-1109909d1370416143-new-shoes-rado-diastar-imageuploadedbytapa.jpg

the sintra matt
1093662d1369189981-your-watches-most-impressive-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369189966.333702.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
I personally think some of their models are a bit feminine looking. It doesn't help that they also list many of the same models under both the mens category as well as the womens.

That being said I really like the new hyper chrome ceramic. Ive been looking for a nice black ceramic watch as I like the all black look but my experience with dlc watches is that the finish does not last unless you are VERY careful as once its scratched theres nothing you can do.

http://www.rado.com/en/watches/hyperchrome/hyperchrome-xl-automatic-utc-642.0167.3.015.html

http://www.rado.com/en/watches/hyperchrome/rado-hyperchrome-xxl-automatic-chronograph-650.0275.3.015.html

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I personally think some of their models are a bit feminine looking. It doesn't help that they also list many of the same models under both the mens category as well as the womens.

That being said I really like the new hyper chrome ceramic. Ive been looking for a nice black ceramic watch as I like the all black look but my experience with dlc watches is that the finish does not last unless you are VERY careful as once its scratched theres nothing you can do.

Hyperchrome XL automatic UTC (642.0167.3.015)

Rado Hyperchrome XXL automatic chronograph (650.0275.3.015)
I think the hyerchrome is a terrific looking watch!

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,343 Posts
There are.some owners of Rado watches as there are of Titoni and other brands that are not as well known in the western world as other brands. As long as you like and enjoy owning Rado watches does it really matter how many others do as well? The popular brands are owned by many and can become commonplace. I've enjoyed the look of Diastar in tungsten carbide since I first saw one.

·
Premium Member
39,270 Posts
I really like Rado - they offer something quite different to a lot of brands.

My Diastar is a really well made automatic watch that looks amazing in real life. My quartz True is expensive for what it is, but because of the ceramic case and bracelet it looks as blemish-free as the day I bought it. Not many other watches (and certainly none of mine) can say the same

·
Banned
510 Posts
I own an older a Voyager which I am very fond of. It's a smaller watch consistent with its age, but in great shape and very comfortable. Automatic movement runs fine.

Attachments

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so very much to you guys for replying! I haven't had a watch for a few months now and feel a little bit unease in a busy work environment. I was pondering between an Omega, and a Breitling till I came across this:

Product Display D-Star and

Product Display D-Star

I like the fact that they look "sharp" and "tidy" and I'm currently deciding between the ceramic or the stainless steel one.

I'm also very surprised that these models only come in quartz movement.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Rado is definitely underrated. The Thinline collection is automatic and really slim.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts