WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am hoping to clean the inside of the crystal of a recently acquired raketa 2209, but after removing the crown, and both movement holding screws (with brackets) the movement will not come out! It rotates freely, but won't come out of the case through the back. I am wondering if there is some special trick I am missing.

Any information is appreciated :)

P.S this is the movement I am referring to, pictured with the movement holding screws and brackets in place.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
:). How do you envision these screws prevent the movement from coming via the back? Correct: they cannot. They prevent the movement from going in the other direction. :). Got it?
Put the screws and the crown and the back cover back in place. Remove the crystal with the ring around it and clean!

·
Registered
938 Posts
You should push the bezel with the glass from this hole:

Of course, you have to support the watch in it's four corners to let the bezel fall.
You don't need to remove the movement, better screw back the screws and return the stem. Be careful about the clutch wheel, it pops very easy. That's why this movement is called in slang "рассыпуха" (translates like "loose" or something).

Regards, Miro.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should push the bezel with the glass from this hole:

View attachment 15505412

Of course, you have to support the watch in it's four corners to let the bezel fall.
You don't need to remove the movement, better screw back the screws and return the stem. Be careful about the clutch wheel, it pops very easy. That's why this movement is called in slang "рассыпуха" (translates like "loose" or something).

Regards, Miro.
Thank you very much! I had an inkling that the hole served such a function, but didn't want to push on it too hard in case I was wrong.
The fact that the bezel/crystal come off makes it much easier to clean. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts