WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my second Russian watch, a super clean Raketa Pilot 24 (thanks again, John!). While looking for a band to replace the original, I got a crazy idea that some of you might appreciate:

It turns a fun watch in to a really fun watch. The bracelet probably doubles its weight—and value!

Oh, and the secret?

Yeah, it sullies the heritage a little, but I am no stickler for authenticity in this instance.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Nice! Here is the really weird thing. We are coming out with a special, very limited edition of this watch on a bracelet with titanium plating very soon built exclusively for Detente.

Great minds do indeed think alike :-d

·
Registered
806 Posts
I didn't actually know you could electroplate titanium. :think:
Oh well, you learn something new every day.

·
Registered
767 Posts
That is what i understand the process to be... Of course, I will know a lot more when we actually get the watches. We will build no more than 100 and they will have a special caseback just for us...

·
Registered
668 Posts
That combo looks very, very good! :-! |>

After all, if a Speedmaster looks good with a bracelet, why shoud'nt a Raketa? :-d

Is the lug width 20 mm?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Both look really nice!

I have to say, the 24 hour Raketa is given a serious face-lift by the oyster-style bracelet. It makes it look like a much more expensive watch!
Slap a Longines logo on it and... ;-)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have to say, the 24 hour Raketa is given a serious face-lift by the oyster-style bracelet. It makes it look like a much more expensive watch!
Slap a Longines logo on it and... ;-)
There are already plenty of these "Longines" coming from Ukraine on eBay (usually with Molnija movements) ;-)

Oh, by the way, this is my first post here. So, hello to everybody.

Cheers!

Abbazz

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,432 Posts
Titanium nitride is a watch plating material, mixed with other metals to vary the colour. Chaika did a lot of exotic platings in this way. I read somewhere that their gold-tone used traces of real gold to get the colour.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Those are nice looking watches. Congrats! ;-)

·
Banned
423 Posts
Titanium nitride is a watch plating material, mixed with other metals to vary the colour. Chaika did a lot of exotic platings in this way. I read somewhere that their gold-tone used traces of real gold to get the colour.
The original 'tuna'y Seiko has the nickname 'golden tuna' because of the titanium nitride coating.
Titanium nitrides are used for very hard low friction surfaces in industrial appilications too. The sheen of finely ground surfaces can be more golden than gold ;-)

Petrus

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
What? Limited edition Raketa? I need and want one! Tell me more.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Raketa has, like Vaurien's, 18mm lugs. I want to learn more about Craig's limited edition, though...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Raketa is building for us an exclusive watch. It is the Pilot, but with elements never before accompanying this watch. It will have a bracelet, titanium nitrate plating and our own, custom caseback for Detente, the distribution division of the company.

We will build no more than 100 and at this time they will be only available through us... although we have some retailers who may carry them.

Attached is a picture of the caseback...

Attachments

·
Banned
772 Posts
Welcome to the family Abbazz. I hope, and I am sure you will enjoy this beautiful family forum, and learn lots of valuable info as we all do.

Best Regards . . .

·
Banned
772 Posts
Dear Tavarish Craig,

Is any foto or drawing available for us to have some idea about the watch? Have you considered the markings/texts in Cyrillic alphabet? I like Cyrillic letters better than Latin in CCCP and Russkiy watches.

Has anybody ordered yet, do we have to order in advance to get our timepieces? What is the price going to be?

Thanks, best regards . . .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Dear Tavarish Craig,

Is any foto or drawing available for us to have some idea about the watch? Have you considered the markings/texts in Cyrillic alphabet? I like Cyrillic letters better than Latin in CCCP and Russkiy watches.

Has anybody ordered yet, do we have to order in advance to get our timepieces? What is the price going to be?

Thanks, best regards . . .
Thanks for your questions... The only picture I have at this point is the casebacks I already posted. The watch will be the Pilot with the titanium, so it will look different to a degree I'm sure.

These are actually already built and will be on the way in a few days. We did go with Latin on the caseback for this one. But, if this one does well, it for sure won't be our last special, limited edition, so we are more than open to suggestions. And this is something we could do with other manufacturers as well.

We've already had some orders, yes. You don't have to order in advance, but I would say it might be a good idea as interest is building fast. The public price on the site will be $129. But for any orders that come from WUS members, I can do a better price. Just PM or email me for more info.

The moment they arrive I will photograph them and post pictures.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks for your questions... The only picture I have at this point is the casebacks I already posted. The watch will be the Pilot with the titanium, so it will look different to a degree I'm sure.

These are actually already built and will be on the way in a few days. We did go with Latin on the caseback for this one. But, if this one does well, it for sure won't be our last special, limited edition, so we are more than open to suggestions. And this is something we could do with other manufacturers as well.

We've already had some orders, yes. You don't have to order in advance, but I would say it might be a good idea as interest is building fast. The public price on the site will be $129. But for any orders that come from WUS members, I can do a better price. Just PM or email me for more info.

The moment they arrive I will photograph them and post pictures.

thanks!
WOW! I cant wait to see it $129 is right on my budget :-!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the family Abbazz. I hope, and I am sure you will enjoy this beautiful family forum, and learn lots of valuable info as we all do.
Thanks for the welcome. About the valuable info, I am already aware of it, as I have been lurking for quite a while.

Cheers!

Abbazz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts