WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all !
Here we are again for a short post about counterfeits.
Whenever you buy an old Raketa or Pobeda collector on Internet ! And especially on ebay, just send us an email (info at raketa com) so we confirm it is an original or not. We may give you our expertise for POLJOT also, since conterfeits of POLJOT are also increasing.

For fun ! find bellow some models that have been clearly copied on "Raketa"

Pequignet.jpg Classic_2609-02.jpg Sochi.jpg Copy_in_Tsvetnoy.jpeg ebay_copy.jpg
The French brand PEQUINET is actually the most funny, since the French usually love to explain to the world that no one should copy their brands !
In Russia the press and russian journalists are making great fun of Pequinet !
links to russian press:
ModMod - "Ð.акеты" разлетелиÑ�ÑŒ по миру. Плагиат или нет?
Íîâîñòè ìîäû
Завод «Ð.акета» заÑ�вил оÂ.подделках Ñ�воих чаÑ�ов универмагом «Цветной» иÂ.французÑ�кимиÂ.брендами | Йод

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I wouldn't call the Pequignet model a copy of Raketa. It isn't very original watch though - it has a standard aviator vision, based on the more modern interpretation of Sinn and Bell&Ross of the old Beobachtungsuhr concept (Laco, Stowa, Lange, Wempe, IWC) - bolder hands and partial numbering of the dial. The only common thing with Raketa is the big 0 on 12 o'clock - if this is Raketa distinguishing element, you can be proud of it. In this case they have done a mixture of Sinn and Raketa :)

As for the el'cheapos in the Цветной - yes, the similarity to Raketa is definitely wished and obvious. Congratulations - having being copied is a sign of respect, which is a good thing. The same way Raketa showed respect to Orient some decades ago, producing the eternal calendar watch.

P.S. Thank you for the generous offer - to share your knowledge on identifying real vintage pieces. :-!

·
Banned
2,391 Posts
ВОЗМОЖНО НУЖНО ЗАБЛОКИРОВАТЬ raketawatches . они используют этот форум для рекламы и продвижения своих не самых хороших наручных часов.

POSSIBLE TO BLOCK raketawatches. they use this forum to advertise and promote their not very good watch.

·
Banned
2,391 Posts
Dear all !
Whenever you buy an old Raketa or Pobeda collector on Internet ! And especially on ebay, just send us an email (info at raketa com) so we confirm it is an original or not. We may give you our expertise for POLJOT also, since conterfeits of POLJOT are also increasing.

View attachment 4994306 View attachment 4994314 View attachment 4994322 View attachment 4994330 View attachment 4994338
The French brand PEQUINET is actually the most funny, since the French usually love to explain to the world that no one should copy their brands !
links to russian press:
Íîâîñòè ìîäû
Завод «Ð.акета» заÑ�вил оÂ.подделках Ñ�воих чаÑ�ов универмагом «Цветной» иÂ.французÑ�кимиÂ.брендами | Йод
а в чем заключается подделка. в том что цифры нарисованы и есть три стрелки? там даже шрифты другие. задолбали со своим пиаром. может вам эту историю напомнить?

Т�СС: Северо-Запад - Петербург�кое УФ�С запретило заводу "Ракета" продавать ча�ы, выпущенные к Олимпиаде в Сочи
Петербург�кое УФ�С запретило заводу "Ракета" продавать ча�ы, выпущенные к Олимпиаде в Сочи | Санкт-Петербург�кое УФ�С
Ча�овому заводу «Ракета» запретили выпу�кать ча�ы � упоминанием города Сочи - Сочи-2014 - Sports.ru
Ча�ы «Ракета дл� Сочи» оказали�ь противозаконными - Сочи Эк�пре��: город�кой портал

·
Banned
2,391 Posts
Dear all !

View attachment 4994306 View attachment 4994314 View attachment 4994322 View attachment 4994330 View attachment 4994338
links to russian press:
Íîâîñòè ìîäû
а в чем заключается подделка. в том что цифры нарисованы и есть три стрелки? там даже шрифты другие. задолбали со своим пиаром. может вам эту историю напомнить?

Т�СС: Северо-Запад - Петербург�кое УФ�С запретило заводу "Ракета" продавать ча�ы, выпущенные к Олимпиаде в Сочи
Петербург�кое УФ�С запретило заводу "Ракета" продавать ча�ы, выпущенные к Олимпиаде в Сочи | Санкт-Петербург�кое УФ�С
Ча�овому заводу «Ракета» запретили выпу�кать ча�ы � упоминанием города Сочи - Сочи-2014 - Sports.ru
Ча�ы «Ракета дл� Сочи» оказали�ь противозаконными - Сочи Эк�пре��: город�кой портал

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
amil, we are glad to have any official contact to the manufacturers in the forum. Taking into account, that only Vostok and Raketa remained from the Soviet watch industry, there is a lot to loose as a connection to today's world, if someone leaves the forum.

As of today, the official contacts are:
Luch - no representative;
Raketa - yes;
Vostok - not official (we get internal info from Meranom);
Volmax - no;

Russian-related manufacturers:
Alexander Shorokhoff / Poljot International: no;
Vostok-Europe: no;
JL / Strela / Pilot: no;

·
Banned
2,391 Posts
wrong. these representatives came to the forum only to advertise their goods. not any information about the history of their manufactories, we do not have.

неправильно. эти представители пришли на форум только для рекламы своего товара. не какой информации о истории их мануфактур мы не имеем.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They sent a link to old catalogues and propose to help people identifying legit vintage watches! Maybe some sellers on Ebay are afraid of that....?
Personally, I think it's good to have Raketa showing their models here.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't really care about Pequignet, their designs are rather conventional. There is a similarity between their aviator watch and the Raketa Zero (plus, like, every other pilot watch, ever), but to my eyes no more than between a Sinn 856 and a Seiko Spork.

However, this Mitya Veselkov brand seems to be a look-alike factory. Differentenough from the original each time to avoid counterfeiting issues, but most of their designs are heavily borrowed :
- Raketa Sochi : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Ñïîðò Àðò. MV-170 â Ìîñêâå
- Mickey Mouse : ×àñû Mickey Mouse
- Drunken hours : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Íàêëîííûé Öèôåðáëàò íà áåëîì Àðò. MV-54 â Ìîñêâå
- Apple Watch : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Ãðóøà Àðò. MV-01 â Ìîñêâå

Maybe it's tongue-in-cheek, but they really look like cheap copies.

Reactions: raketawatches

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I don't really care about Pequignet, their designs are rather conventional. There is a similarity between their aviator watch and the Raketa Zero (plus, like, every other pilot watch, ever), but to my eyes no more than between a Sinn 856 and a Seiko Spork.

However, this Mitya Veselkov brand seems to be a look-alike factory. Differentenough from the original each time to avoid counterfeiting issues, but most of their designs are heavily borrowed :
- Raketa Sochi : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Ñïîðò Àðò. MV-170 â Ìîñêâå
- Mickey Mouse : ×àñû Mickey Mouse
- Drunken hours : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Íàêëîííûé Öèôåðáëàò íà áåëîì Àðò. MV-54 â Ìîñêâå
- Apple Watch : Êóïèòü íàðó÷íûå ×àñû Mitya Veselkov Ãðóøà Àðò. MV-01 â Ìîñêâå

Maybe it's tongue-in-cheek, but they really look like cheap copies.

Ok, but you have to admit the Apple watch one is kind of funny

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
wrong. these representatives came to the forum only to advertise their goods. not any information about the history of their manufactories, we do not have.

неправильно. эти представители пришли на форум только для рекламы своего товара. не какой информации о истории их мануфактур мы не имеем.

This is a Russian watch forum. I think that if the manufacturers of the watches we're interested in want to be here, that is great :)

You will notice that the original post offered (free!!) advice on second-hand watches on eBay - and even advice on another brand. I think that is a very generous gesture. Also, as has been mentioned, Raketa have been kind enough to make many of their old catalogues available online.

Paul

Reactions: kev80e

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I am a bit surprised about this discussion of Pequignet. It is a well respected French watch manufacturer that manufactures its' own movement , some of which have highly interesting technical aspects.

I have seen severla of their models and examined them in an excellent watch shop, and having seen their quality, I am truly surprised at this discussion. Has no one bothered to look up Pequignet on the Internet and see what they make? If not, here is where you do it:

Pequignet

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I guess that the Sochi is indeed a copy of the Raketa Sochi which tried to bypass official licensing and had to be withdrawn from sales. I do not known whether Raketa applied for an IP protection for this model at the Russian patent office fips.ru. The big zero seems to be a clear infringement of the design of the official one.

This being said, how comes that the screenshot of the eBay offer shows altered letters "o" instead of "c" for the title and the seller?

All of these statements are only my thoughts and not a binding opinion.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
wrong. these representatives came to the forum only to advertise their goods. not any information about the history of their manufactories, we do not have. неправильно. эти представители пришли на форум только для рекламы своего товара. не какой информации о истории их мануфактур мы не имеем.
I must agree that there is little information available on the "dark ages"/"смутное время". It would not hurt us to tell it, even if it does not fit into the present marketing image of the brand. As a matter of fact, there are very many press releases of Raketa's achievements in the Russian press, yet little else is revealed about the actual facts.
Otherwise, rumors rumors rumors. Like the one about the actual makers of Quartz movements in the watches.
Rumors is the only thing we can feed on, unfortunately for F10.
Not that the story of Vostok is more open, mind you.

·
Registered
905 Posts
@ raketawatches. Love the new range of watches but don't love the new prices. Sorry

·
Registered
576 Posts
Personally, I think it's good to have Raketa showing their models here.
+1.

I can't wait to see the Raketa models.;-)

Looking at the first few examples, except the last ebay example. In my opinion, I don't think these can be technically called fake in present day as it doesn't say Raketa on the dial.

Maybe I'm just getting used to what is currently happening in the watch design industry.:think:

·
Registered
531 Posts
What was wrong with Zero on ebay?
I think the second hand is wrong. Have a look at any soviet era Raketas you own. Usually has a flat end. It certainly should be on that watch anyway. Not necessarily a counterfeit watch, but a part has been replaced incorrectly. Hopefully Raketa can confirm what they think is wrong with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts