WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did not. Took a look at it even the last day but I told myself I should first find the courage to buy a less expensive modern Raketa and continue from that..

·
Registered
129 Posts
[QUOTE = Fergfour; 51556401] Ho mandato inviato a Raketa e questa è stata la risposta che ho ricevuto:

abbiamo coinvolto altre società russe quando si tratta di produzione di cinturini e vetro. Altrimenti, gli orologi sono prodotti dalla nostra fabbrica. [/ QUOTE]
Hanno detto qualcosa su casi e mani?

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
[QUOTE = Fergfour; 51556401] Ho mandato inviato a Raketa e questa è stata la risposta che ho ricevuto:

abbiamo coinvolto altre società russe quando si tratta di produzione di cinturini e vetro. Altrimenti, gli orologi sono prodotti dalla nostra fabbrica. [/ QUOTE]
Hanno detto qualcosa su casi e mani?
That's all they said. One could interpret their response as they produce everything except straps and glass.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's all they said. One could interpret their response as they produce everything except straps and glass.
I am more inclined to believe that houses and hands are supply, if they were the ones to produce them they would have no problem saying it. I'm sorry that no Raketa representative wants to clarify this detail.

Inviato dal mio OnePlus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
I am more inclined to believe that houses and hands are supply, if they were the ones to produce them they would have no problem saying it. I'm sorry that no Raketa representative wants to clarify this detail.

It would be nice yes if they could clarify. User "Raketa Watch Factory" could end the speculation rather easily. Until then, I'm not that concerned. I like mine regardless of where the hands are made.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It would be nice yes if they could clarify. User "Raketa Watch Factory" could end the speculation rather easily. Until then, I'm not that concerned. I like mine regardless of where the hands are made.
I also really like the new Raketas. I'm just curious, this detail won't stop my desire to buy (as soon as my finances allow it)

Reactions: JacobC

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Not sure why it is important that every small part like hands be done in house. What about paint? Ok to buy? Lol.
To me the watch is primary the movement. This needs to be done in house (or I least I want to know who makes them). The rest, if Raketa orders them and Raketa is satisfied with the quality they get from, lets say China, then this is good for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Comrade detroie, Is it safe to assume that you have not yet ordered the Raketa Polar Re-issue? :-d

View attachment 15069433
Comrade tokareva, i already have 24h Vostok, so there is no need for me to buy Raketa :)

However, i would recommend to think twice before buying 24h watch, unless you are not located close to the Arctic circle, it is very uncomfortable to checking time and measure it (no bezel).

Also few photos from history.

This is original model for the 16 Soviet Antarctic expedition:

Second one is a kind of evolution of the original model from 2012:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not sure why it is important that every small part like hands be done in house. What about paint? Ok to buy? Lol.
To me the watch is primary the movement. This needs to be done in house (or I least I want to know who makes them). The rest, if Raketa orders them and Raketa is satisfied with the quality they get from, lets say China, then this is good for me.
These questions seem legitimate to me but I have the unpleasant feeling that their goal is not transparency but just to criticize for free : whatever the answer, it will be a problem... so I’m not suprised that Raketa is in no hurry to answer...

·
Registered
129 Posts
These questions seem legitimate to me but I have the unpleasant feeling that their goal is not transparency but just to criticize for free: whatever the answer, it will be a problem... so I’m not suprised that Raketa is in no hurry to answer...
Mine is a simple curiosity. I am not criticizing Raketa for their production choices. I have also said that this detail does not reduce the value of their work. Work that I find very beautiful and have given life to a historical brand.

Reactions: Dave_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
These questions seem legitimate to me but I have the unpleasant feeling that their goal is not transparency but just to criticize for free : whatever the answer, it will be a problem... so I’m not suprised that Raketa is in no hurry to answer...
As an owner of a modern Raketa I can say I don't care where every single part is made, I just like the watch and plan on purchasing another.
My guess is the inquiries are related in part to the high price (relative to Vostok), that perhaps people would feel better about their purchase with the knowledge that the watch was mostly made in-house.

In any case, I wish more members would use this thread to actually post pictures and reviews of their Raketas! I know one that has the 2017-ish Polar model that I'd love to see a review of...

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
My latest Raketa purchase, the "Polar" model from late 2017/early 2018. Raketa does have newer Polar models but I like this one better, in part because of the inner minutes chapter ring and a 1mm smaller case than the new ones. I'll do a quick review whenever it arrives.

front.jpg back.jpg lume.jpg

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
One side of me hears what you are saying. The other feels that you are a teeny bit too invested in this.

They are just watches. Variety is the spice of life?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm wondering this myself. Anybody have any info?
As I recall the "geiger counter" aspect was debunked and it was likely a dosiometer which is useless to most people. My guess is that they realized this and quietly dropped the subject.

I'd love to be proved wrong, and indeed there is more miniaturized technology nowadays that perhaps it's actually possible.

82 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
As I recall the "geiger counter" aspect was debunked and it was likely a dosiometer which is useless to most people. My guess is that they realized this and quietly dropped the subject.

I'd love to be proved wrong, and indeed there is more miniaturized technology nowadays that perhaps it's actually possible.
Hello: a special task force is working at Raketa Watch Factory on the re-edition of the Geiger watch. This is not an easy project but this will be a very very very very cool watch.

I take this opportunity to post a link to a very interesting article published by the online magazine Monochrome concerning the Raketa Watch Factory:
https://monochrome-watches.com/5-things-ive-learned-when-visiting-raketa-a-russian-manufacture-and-how-different-it-is-from-switzerland/

261 - 280 of 309 Posts