WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
If you've wanted to try a modern Raketa and prefer smaller case sizes there's a new Big Zero 0251 currently on the bay which ends soon. At the moment it's looking like a steal considering they usually sell for several hundred euro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello: please note that this watch is a not an official Raketa watch. There are actually quite a lot of fake Raketa watches on the market with Chinese movements.
Hi,
I really love Raketa watches, and appreciate the achievements of a company from an overlooked and underrated region that used to make and still makes really good watches. I owned a vintage Raketa Calendar, and I really liked it.

I have two questions for you:
1. Is Raketa considering to bump from 18000 vph to something like 21600 vph or 28800 vph? You know, this could lead to a better accuracy.
2. Is Raketa considering to tackle the 300-400 EUR/USD price bracket? I think that would bring a lot of sales for the company.

Regards.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Raketa accuracy has never been in doubt - that unfashionably low beat movement by today's expectations has never failed to impress with it's time keeping in my experience. I have owned high beat stuff - none of which ever displayed the unfailing reliability and overall accuracy of Raketa's simple workhorese movements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Raketa accuracy has never been in doubt - that unfashionably low beat movement by today's expectations has never failed to impress with it's time keeping in my experience. I have owned high beat stuff - none of which ever displayed the unfailing reliability and overall accuracy of Raketa's simple workhorese movements.
I'm not doubting the movements and their quality, far from that. I just asked if that's a consideration for the factory, there are only benefits in bumping the vph. It could very well just remain like this.

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
If I had to bet on it I would guess "no" to both of your questions. I'm personally not interested in a higher beat movement, but lower prices would be welcome :)
Actually, now that I think about it, I would think the costs associated with developing a new movement would only raise prices more.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
If I had to bet on it I would guess "no" to both of your questions. I'm personally not interested in a higher beat movement, but lower prices would be welcome :)
Actually, now that I think about it, I would think the costs associated with developing a new movement would only raise prices more.
Indeed and I'd point out to everyone that a low volume brand like Raketa almost has to charge a minimum barrier to entry to do the posturing they're doing right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To be honest I’m more than happy that they keep the 18,000bph.

There’s something very characterful about a slow beat movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The more I think about it, you are right. There's a charm to these movements, in a way they take you back to a a completely different era of horology. That's the reason i like the 6497/6498 movements.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts