WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello: please note that this watch is a not an official Raketa watch. There are actually quite a lot of fake Raketa watches on the market with Chinese movements.
Hi,
I really love Raketa watches, and appreciate the achievements of a company from an overlooked and underrated region that used to make and still makes really good watches. I owned a vintage Raketa Calendar, and I really liked it.

I have two questions for you:
1. Is Raketa considering to bump from 18000 vph to something like 21600 vph or 28800 vph? You know, this could lead to a better accuracy.
2. Is Raketa considering to tackle the 300-400 EUR/USD price bracket? I think that would bring a lot of sales for the company.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Raketa accuracy has never been in doubt - that unfashionably low beat movement by today's expectations has never failed to impress with it's time keeping in my experience. I have owned high beat stuff - none of which ever displayed the unfailing reliability and overall accuracy of Raketa's simple workhorese movements.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Raketa accuracy has never been in doubt - that unfashionably low beat movement by today's expectations has never failed to impress with it's time keeping in my experience. I have owned high beat stuff - none of which ever displayed the unfailing reliability and overall accuracy of Raketa's simple workhorese movements.
I'm not doubting the movements and their quality, far from that. I just asked if that's a consideration for the factory, there are only benefits in bumping the vph. It could very well just remain like this.

·
Premium Member
6,894 Posts
If I had to bet on it I would guess "no" to both of your questions. I'm personally not interested in a higher beat movement, but lower prices would be welcome :)
Actually, now that I think about it, I would think the costs associated with developing a new movement would only raise prices more.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
If I had to bet on it I would guess "no" to both of your questions. I'm personally not interested in a higher beat movement, but lower prices would be welcome :)
Actually, now that I think about it, I would think the costs associated with developing a new movement would only raise prices more.
Indeed and I'd point out to everyone that a low volume brand like Raketa almost has to charge a minimum barrier to entry to do the posturing they're doing right now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
To be honest I’m more than happy that they keep the 18,000bph.

There’s something very characterful about a slow beat movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The more I think about it, you are right. There's a charm to these movements, in a way they take you back to a a completely different era of horology. That's the reason i like the 6497/6498 movements.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm glad to know there is an authorized service center here in the US now, in case I have trouble with my Peterhof Glasnost. I think I paid $45 for it, so I can spend the $1200.00 or so they probably charge for a service and still not have too much money invested in it.😂

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I'm glad to know there is an authorized service center here in the US now, in case I have trouble with my Peterhof Glasnost. I think I paid $45 for it, so I can spend the $1200.00 or so they probably charge for a service and still not have too much money invested in it.

View attachment 15388265
I'm let you know what they charge!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Would be interesting to know if this service center would work on vintage soviet Raketas and other soviet brands.
I would guess only modern Raketa watches, but it would be pretty cool if there was now somewhere in the US to service 3133s...
Who knows what that job would be quoted for :oops:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I would guess only modern Raketa watches, but it would be pretty cool if there was now somewhere in the US to service 3133s...
Who knows what that job would be quoted for :oops:
Well maybe. Considering that Raketa still makes the 2623 and 2609 as customer calibers they certainly could fabricate any part that they needed on demand.

·
Premium Member
6,894 Posts
This is from the co-owner and head watchmaker at the service center: "We can service vintage watches as well, depending on what the issue is and whether or not we have the part in stock. We can also service other brands." Anyway, their website is up so one can send all the questions they want directly to them about what brands/movements can be serviced. I did follow up with a question on what the going rate is for a basic 2415 service.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
This is from the co-owner and head watchmaker at the service center: "We can service vintage watches as well, depending on what the issue is and whether or not we have the part in stock. We can also service other brands." Anyway, their website is up so one can send all the questions they want directly to them about what brands/movements can be serviced. I did follow up with a question on what the going rate is for a basic 2415 service.
Good to see them get back to you quickly. Let me know what they quote you at

·
Premium Member
6,894 Posts
"All of our Overhauls start at $150, this includes a 1 year warranty, complete disassembly, ultrasonic cleaning, re-assembly and regulation. No parts or gaskets are included, but before each job is started you receive a description of what each watch needs and what the cost would be. Only after you approve of the assessment do we proceed. "

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
"All of our Overhauls start at $150, this includes a 1 year warranty, complete disassembly, ultrasonic cleaning, re-assembly and regulation. No parts or gaskets are included, but before each job is started you receive a description of what each watch needs and what the cost would be. Only after you approve of the assessment do we proceed. "
So that's for a simple movement with no extra complications?
I wonder what the rate would be for a chronograph.

301 - 320 of 440 Posts