WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
621 - 633 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
They're gone.

"These models have been removed from production for an indefinite period."

Edit// I should add that this incarnation of Raketa always uses this language when they kill off a product. I remain hopeful that new anniversary Big Zero models are coming!
Thanks Jacob for finding out. While it's good that a small producer like Raketa has a lean product line, it's also looking a bit too lean. I hope with all the dislocations they are hanging in there. I hope they start to introduce smaller thinner models. It's going to be a slow evolution, but the leading edge of the market is trending that way.

On another note, what happened to your servicing experiment? I recall there were far more important things happening so I hope you and the family are doing better and managing. But did you at least get your watches back working ok?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Thanks Jacob for finding out. While it's good that a small producer like Raketa has a lean product line, it's also looking a bit too lean. I hope with all the dislocations they are hanging in there. I hope they start to introduce smaller thinner models. It's going to be a slow evolution, but the leading edge of the market is trending that way.

On another note, what happened to your servicing experiment? I recall there were far more important things happening so I hope you and the family are doing better and managing. But did you at least get your watches back working ok?
Thanks for asking it's been an adventure.

Maryland Watch Works serviced 9 of my older 2010 era Raketas. All came back running well. Unfortunately some of my 2609 movements are just not great time keepers but they are doing as good as the last few services. One of my oldest pieces had its dial scratched during service but the other 8 came back in impeccable shape. Eugene has been open about the process changes at MWW to avoid scratching a dial again in the future and compensated me for the error.

His turn around times are quick, but Raketa doesn't keep him particularly well stocked so dials, crystals (Avant-Garde models require a full recasing to replace the crystal), and cases all have to be ordered in and that process can take a few weeks.

In all I'd say MWW does about as good work as any other reasonably well equipped repair shop these days.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
My experience with MWW (dial replacement) was good from a communications standpoint and coordination with Raketa. They got the dial replaced fine but the date wheel is misaligned and the date is displayed off center. Don't feel like revisiting it is worth my time at this point. By the way if you ever have a question for Raketa all you have to do is email "[email protected]". Response times are good in my experience.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
My experience with MWW (dial replacement) was good from a communications standpoint and coordination with Raketa. They got the dial replaced fine but the date wheel is misaligned and the date is displayed off center. Don't feel like revisiting it is worth my time at this point. By the way if you ever have a question for Raketa all you have to do is email "[email protected]". Response times are good in my experience.
Marina can get busy but they are very good to communicate with. I highly encourage people to reach out to any of their favorite watch companies. A lot of smaller ones are a joy to speak with.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks for asking it's been an adventure.

Maryland Watch Works serviced 9 of my older 2010 era Raketas. All came back running well. Unfortunately some of my 2609 movements are just not great time keepers but they are doing as good as the last few services. One of my oldest pieces had its dial scratched during service but the other 8 came back in impeccable shape. Eugene has been open about the process changes at MWW to avoid scratching a dial again in the future and compensated me for the error.

His turn around times are quick, but Raketa doesn't keep him particularly well stocked so dials, crystals (Avant-Garde models require a full recasing to replace the crystal), and cases all have to be ordered in and that process can take a few weeks.

In all I'd say MWW does about as good work as any other reasonably well equipped repair shop these days.
Thanks Jacob. Do you know if he can fix and Raketa will support 80s 2609, 2623, and 2628 movements? I noticed for example that the most recent 2623 in the Polar Reissue looks slightly different than that of the 80s, so wondering if there are support issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Thanks Jacob. Do you know if he can fix and Raketa will support 80s 2609, 2623, and 2628 movements? I noticed for example that the most recent 2623 in the Polar Reissue looks slightly different than that of the 80s, so wondering if there are support issues.
I actually don't know. I do know they made me a new click wheel and crown at one point for a defective 2609 movement AFTER they stopped making it so as a factory they certainly have the ability to do so.

What I do know is that unless I've been grossly misinformed the movements are identical in construction and are merely finished much better these days.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I actually don't know. I do know they made me a new click wheel and crown at one point for a defective 2609 movement AFTER they stopped making it so as a factory they certainly have the ability to do so.

What I do know is that unless I've been grossly misinformed the movements are identical in construction and are merely finished much better these days.
I know the factory has the wherewithal to make anything, but will they as policy is kind of the question. It would be really nice to get factory support for the vintage pieces. If you wouldn't mind asking, can you find out?

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
621 - 633 of 633 Posts