WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Raketa with second on 9 - real or fake?

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  michele 
#1 ·
A little help from my friends please :)

Have You ever seen sth like this ?

See less See more
#4 ·
Now... if this is a raketa 2403, you've discovered something special. If it's yours, you're lucky :). Well, it seems to be a Raketa 2403 indeed, which would be a exeptionally rare watch, but a movement picture is needed to tell...

#5 ·
If it's real, and if it's a Raketa 2403 (I had no idea such a thing existed), then I am jealous and covetous!

The hands are Raketa hands (at least the hour and minute for sure).

The dial does look to be printed on the same blank as the Vostok dial (note the shorter marker next to the subseconds dial), and the "PAKETA" logo is either genuine or a very very good imitation. The evenness of the minute and second markers rules out an "Azbaukua Special". Also, I'd think it's quite hard to print onto a dial with raised hour markers. So, my guess is that the dial is genuine.

The case is not one I've seen on a Raketa, and it's clearly the same as the Vostok, but my understanding is that case manufacture was outsourced (mainly to Vitebsk?) by Raketa and of course Vostok could have sourced from the same place.

I'm itching to see a movement shot. What else is known about Raketa 2403?

Paul

#10 · (Edited)
Perhaps this watch was intended for the Western European market and thus the country-of-origin was marked in English in spite of the 'PAKETA' branding. If I recall correctly, the Italian market watches were branded 'PAKETA' and was pronounced with a 'p' not a 'r'. So perhaps this version of the name was considered more recognised in Europe?

#7 · (Edited)
Damn - I can't believe I didn't spot that! Well done!

Yes, it is odd, and wrong. However, the dial looks too perfect to be a fake. There's also a small scratch on it (I think - unless it's on the crystal) just inside the 3 o'clock marker - if it were a fake, it would be fairly recent (since soviet watches have only recently become worth faking), so I'd expect a scratch-free dial. Overall, I'd still bet that the dial is genuine, even though the cyrillic/western combination is inexplicable.

Paul

#14 ·
Well, the movement does give anything away. As far as I know, Raketa movements are almost always marked with either "NY3" (diamond logo - for older movements) or the Raketa "double arc" logo. Also, the shock slring on the balance doesn't look like a regular Raketa one, and the general movement finish isn't up to usual Raketa standards.

However, if this was an early version of an abortive Raketa 2403, who knows?

Is there anything stamped underneath the balance? I can almost make out what *might* be a double-arc logo, which would clinch it.

Cheers,
Paul

#26 ·
Paul....didn't I pull a Raketa movement out of a 'Dirkskie once?? Seems like you and I did a swap on movements, so I bet that is a 100% Raketa watch, the movements were near carbon copies except for the "Raketa" and hallmark on the movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Paul....didn't I pull a Raketa movement out of a 'Dirkskie once?? Seems like you and I did a swap on movements, so I bet that is a 100% Raketa watch, the movements were near carbon copies except for the "Raketa" and hallmark on the movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, Bobby, that was a Poljot 2614 which I've seen in other komandirskies before, too.

#32 · (Edited)
That's a standard Vostok 2403, rebranded as Paketa by Italian or German importer (late '80s). Dial was not made in Russia - there was a very long discussion on the "Orologiko " forum three years ago:

OROLOGIKO :: Leggi argomento - Gli anni della moda: 3 KGB 3

An example of that watch is visible at page 4.

Petrodvoretz was not involved at all - movement is NOT an early 2403 developement. Bye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.