WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
The watch makes me want to ralf at the thought of something not nearly as cool as subaru's wrx.

In actuality, I really like this watch. If you removed "ralf tech" and "WRX" and "400M/1300ft"

The chapter ring, number layout and hands I like a lot. Shame about the ugly text/name.

Good attempt at a watch, but in an effort to "promote" the brand, it ruins the watch.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I like the case and bezel... Adding oversized "RALF TECH" and "WRX" was a bad idea. It destroys the elegance of the watch and make it look cheap.

"Ralf Tech"... that's probably the second worse watch brand name ever ("PITA" is first :-d).

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Modern, cool adaption of classic Panerai case, lugs & skeleton hands, w/ Oris "tooth" indices, and what seems like sapphire bezel, and carbon ? dial. I like the overall design, in particular the lugs, and crown lugs. While I can understand the criticism re large lettering and WRX ... there appears to be quite a bit of real estate [dial] and not sure if going with sterile look would benefit the overall impression or intent to boldly market the brand / designer. I am interested to know what's under the hood, around back, dimensions, weight, and whether there is a bracelet in the works ? And the overall "concept" behind Ralf Tech.

I clicked on the link and was taken to the web site, and then clicked Welcome which pops open a black & white video of urban street, concrete buildings, Ralf Tech design board room but noticeably absent: no sexy women, no dive boat, no SCUBA, not even a lonely snorkel or lost flipper on the beach.

So while, I really like the overall look -- I'm not impressed with the GQ marketing strategy, and think that adding a bit more action sequences on the beach, sailing, underwater !?!, might address the cross-market marketing strategy that seems to be more common approach to urban desk divers. The decision to emphasize the designer's name, and studio [both in the video and bold name emblazoned on the dial] has compromised the utility, adventure and spirit of underwater exploration that might have been emphasized more w/ slightly less wording on the dial, and significantly more aquatic references in the video. And without knowing the meaning of WRX [water resistance Xtreme ?] the potential WUS Dive Watch collector is ...as evident from the posts above, left wondering what's in it for me?

But, then again, this one is probably strictly out of my budget, and given the choice I think Graeme's SAS, which shares similar styling, is personally more appealing w/ sandwhich lume dial...and who knows, perhaps Graeme can do a sapphire bezel. Now wouldn't that be something !

Thanks for posting...
Jim

The first ever pictures of the new WRX, the Sundown Explorer

The new WRX "Sundown Explorer" will be available in limited edition for Baselworld!

Related link: www.ralftech-watches.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts