WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided I’m buying myself one, at some point in the near future.
I will, probably, mostly wear it in a NATO or Erika MN, but I’m also thinking about a tropic or rally strap.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Speedmasters are strap monsters. Don’t limit yourself. They literally look good on almost everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Any suggestions for a good “big hole” rally strap? Maybe w a ventilated rubber back? (FL and SC are a bit steamy. )

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
Might look at Hadley Roma or Hirsch for two suggestions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looks great on all straps. Ive had ones on Hirsh black ralley and more recently on a brown B&R Bands rally. its def a fun watch to play around with strap combos

·
Registered
39 Posts
You might like this one…

Or maybe go for a Tropic Sport (NOS ones may be difficult to come by and sometimes get crazy expensive, but you might find some good “reissue” around).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Speedmasters are strap monsters. Don’t limit yourself. They literally look good on almost everything.
×1,000

You took the words right out of my mouth.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Speedy is strapalicious. Tropic for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
....and don’t forget to get on the bracelet, which is my goto right now.....

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Rally straps look on the Speedy Pro

However leather ones might not last in your hot sweaty climate.

Here is my old Speedy with a leather rally strap on it

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I don't think a tropic strap matches the look of the Speedmaster. If you want a rubber strap with more of a sailcloth look, check out the Hirsch Tiger line of straps.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I'd have to agree with rfortson and Perseus. I see the Tropic strap as something that works much better on a dive watch. While the Speedmaster is definitely a strap monster, and can rock pretty much any strap, I just think a Tropic strap looks out of place on the Speedy.

It's like putting small wheels on a lifted, off-roading 4x4...it might work okay, but it just looks...off;

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, so thats a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but I thought we could all use a laugh.

All that being said, OP, if you like the look of a Tropic on your Speedy, then go for it.

René

1 - 20 of 22 Posts