WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experiance with Ralphs watches in NY? He seems to sell a lot of Omegas and he currently has one I am about to pull the trigger on. Any quick input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also interested in comments regarding this seller. I'm looking at his ebay auctions and would love to hear some input from anyone with exerience with this seller. Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reviving this very old thread to help out others. He may have a lot of positive feedback on eBay, but based on my personal experience he is a seller to stay away from. A clear red flag is when sellers do not reply to your questions or only those which suit the seller. Ralphs Watches aka ralphswatches on eBay is one of these sellers. Needless to say I have therefore not purchased any watches from him.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Reviving this very old thread to help out others. He may have a lot of positive feedback on eBay, but based on my personal experience he is a seller to stay away from. A clear red flag is when sellers do not reply to your questions or only those which suit the seller. Ralphs Watches aka ralphswatches on eBay is one of these sellers. Needless to say I have therefore not purchased any watches from him.
Wow, that's really sporty of you to let us know about this.

Let me just get it straight, you haven't bought anything from this guy or don't know anyone who has, he hasn't replied to some of your questions, but managed somehow (through blackmail, I'm sure) to keep 100% positive feedback.

And you felt the urge to badmouth him on the biggest Omega forum.

Well done!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, that's really sporty of you to let us know about this.

Let me just get it straight, you haven't bought anything from this guy or don't know anyone who has, he hasn't replied to some of your questions, but managed somehow (through blackmail, I'm sure) to keep 100% positive feedback.

And you felt the urge to badmouth him on the biggest Omega forum.

Well done!
Well, that is really sporty of you to burst out like you do.

I am sharing my personal experience. Others with positive experiences are free to chime in - I am sure there are lots just like there is on ebay. That is how things work. There will be good and bad. If mostly good well then people will likely proceed with their own assessment of the seller.

For negative feedback to be legitimate it does not require actual purchase of the watch in my book. Mine was pre-purchase experience. Equally as important in my book. I buy a lot of watches and experience has taught me to be diligent in the pre-purchase phase, either to not be scammed or to not receive a watch which does not match description.

If a seller chooses not to answer questions about a watch they are selling I see that as a negative sign and will back down. I am a serious buyer, but obviously will not buy if seller does not respond to questions about e.g. the conditions of the watch. At the end of the day it will be up to potential buyers to do their own due diligence.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I am sharing my personal experience. Mine was pre-purchase experience. Equally as important in my book.
OK. Well, let me share my personal pre-purchase experience with ebay seller "ralphswatches".

This is a seller that's been on eBay since 2005 in the US, during which time he has sold 495 watches or accessoriec, the most expensive two being two APs recently sold for $7,500 and 6,500. In the last 7 years he has had only 1 (ONE) negative feedback from a person with zero feedback who wanted to pay with Western Union which was not an available option.

in the last 12 months he's had 36 all-positive positive feedbacks, with detail reting being as follows:

Item as described

26 5.0/5.0

Communication

26 5.0/5.0

Shipping time

26 5.0/5.0

Shipping and handling charges

27 5.0/5.0

So, based on my pre-purchase experience, ralphswatches is a star seller.

Now, this being a public forum means you are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I would be more cautious about posting negative feedback on people with whom you've had nothing but pre-purchase experience. Especially this being the biggest Omega forum, and keeping in mind the fact that this thread was viewed 1543 times already.

So, before you have the urge to post another one experience like this, and possibly ruin someone's livelyhood, I would advise you to at least be honest enough to disclose all the facts in your pre-purchase investigation.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Could be that Ralph is busy during the holidays. I find it to be a red flag when questions are not answered but I move along, no harm done. There's a reason why you need to make a purchase to leave feedback.

**I'm not affiliated either. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts