WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share some pics from today, as you dont see this one often.

Took some patience and two examples to make the perfect one - the hard to find running v600 PVD on original bracelet with all functions operating. I believe this was unused, hence no one was spinning the bezel controls just to watch the hands dance, which is the sole reason it still works in my estimation ;-) I tend not to meddle with the bezel controls, leaving it on standard quartz 'Time'. Seems to work. :-!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice Pics & nice watch.

I've never seen it before, but the bezel control seems like a nice easy to use design (and like you say maybe easy to break).

What does the Time||| mode do? Speak the time??? :)

Also, not trying to be clever - genuine question:
Where is the Digital part of the display? Or what ABC function does it have?
(If neither then I think some of the other forums would like to see it too!)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had that watch about 15 years ago. It was nice, but the bezel would constantly turn while you were wearing it and I always had to rotate it back to time mode.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apollo - thanks for the feedback & questions and apologies on the tardy feedback.

the "Time]]]" setting starts an hourly audible "beep" chime, and I believe, also can be set to countdown the last 10 or 15 individual chimes per sec before the hour chime. No digital or Alt/Bar/Compass - so, perhaps it could have been better placed. Cheers!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the PVD version was among the scarce models in range, and often people size the bracelets down to useless. I had to buy two (or three?) to make a nice bracelet without scratches, now I have a beauty that I'm afraid to scratch! Honestly, you can simply use a permanent Sharpie marker to re-paint the missing PVD and its almost impossible to tell.

Seen a similar model on E-Bay. It was a Pulsar V600-6000 selling for $65 (or best offer) but it had a leather or plastic strap...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, these and the similar 3-button Casio bezel set suffer from poor durability, which is probably the main reason you dont see them often. Luckily, this one was literally unused, and Im very careful not to meddle too much with the controls, dont use the count-down timer or alarm, so hopefully it lasts a bit longer :)

I had that watch about 15 years ago. It was nice, but the bezel would constantly turn while you were wearing it and I always had to rotate it back to time mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts