WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as we all know the availability of these has gone mad.
I’m not looking to collect it, I was hoping to use it.

all the usual spots for finding someone who actually took it out of the box and wore it are dry.

ebay
chrono24
watchrecon

anyone have any ideas where I can find a anni version other than what’s listed above?
paying over $1k beyond msrp kills me.

peace

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
The cheapest GPR-B1000TF-1 on eBay right now is $1500, which is about as cheap as I've seen this watch. I doubt you'll find it anywhere for less.

Personally I'd save $800 and get the olive green version, which I think suits this watch better.

The mark-up on these anniversary Gs is real (and painful). Good luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have the GPR-B1000TF-1 that I am considering of selling. I am looking to trim down my collection to only watches that I can wear in the office. But after seeing the price on eBay, I am giving it a second thought because there is no going back once it is sold lol...

I have sold quite a few watches in the past few months on this forum and eBay. To date, the ones that I regret selling the most are: GWF-D1035B-1JR, GPW-2000TFB-1, and GMW-B5000TFG-9, and GW-M5610-1 (I just ordered from Amazon for the third time, having sold it twice lol...)

Also note that for eBay, the price is jacked up because PayPal fee (3% of selling price + tax), eBay listing fee (10%), eBay promotional listing fee (~2%, it is up to you), and shipping (if the seller pays for it) take up about 20% of the sale value.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I have the GPR-B1000TF-1 that I am considering of selling. I am looking to trim down my collection to only watches that I can wear in the office. But after seeing the price on eBay, I am giving it a second thought because there is no going back once it is sold lol...

I have sold quite a few watches in the past few months on this forum and eBay. To date, the ones that I regret selling the most are: GWF-D1035B-1JR, GPW-2000TFB-1, and GMW-B5000TFG-9, and GW-M5610-1 (I just ordered from Amazon for the third time, having sold it twice lol...)

Also note that for eBay, the price is jacked up because PayPal fee (3% of selling price + tax), eBay listing fee (10%), eBay promotional listing fee (~2%, it is up to you), and shipping (if the seller pays for it) take up about 20% of the sale value.
Damn. You sold your Gold Tornado Frog. Even I regret you selling that one. :-d

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have a spare unused one I am looking to sell once postage becomes easier. But shipping from Thailand probably isn’t going to be cheap.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Damn. You sold your Gold Tornado Frog. Even I regret you selling that one.
Do not do it @dududuckling .. Hang on to it!

View attachment 15155683
Lol... hence the second thought...

Part of me regret selling the gravitymaster GPW-2000TB and frogman GWF-D1035B, but part of me is also saving up for the new MRG-B2000SH-5A that is coming out this year, if luck would have it, so I need to sell a few. The stress from deciding which one to sell is more overwhelming than the joy from collecting these watches lol...

Without hijacking this thread, here are my few remaining G-Shocks - the empty slot is for GW-M5610-1 (the third time I am buying it lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
30,694 Posts
Lol... hence the second thought...

Part of me regret selling the gravitymaster GPW-2000TB and frogman GWF-D1035B, but part of me is also saving up for the new MRG-B2000SH-5A that is coming out this year, if luck would have it, so I need to sell a few. The stress from deciding which one to sell is more overwhelming than the joy from collecting these watches lol...

Without hijacking this thread, here are my few remaining G-Shocks - the empty slot is for GW-M5610-1 (the third time I am buying it lol)
Still a cool collection despite the departures but yes real shame letting go the TFB Gravitymaster. Truly a beauty. Hope you got a great $ return ..

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Still a cool collection despite the departures but yes real shame letting go the TFB Gravitymaster. Truly a beauty. Hope you got a great $ return ..

Very nice! It is also the first G-Shock with dual chipboard. I think GShock High Fashion took it apart on one of his YouTube shows.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Original Poster:

Why not call around to Casio AD's in your country? Not the big box stores like Macy's that sell Casio watches but a jewelry store that is an AD and ask if they still have one. I got mine from a local Casio AD back in Sept 2019 for $700 (tax included)

It came with everything, however I traded it a few days later. The watch was well made but that control button felt cheap and wobbly and I did not think the button would last under a lot of use.

I put it up for sale and somebody contacted me interested in buying it but needed to sell a watch first. The watch he was trying to sell was a nice Marathon GSAR. I had been looking to try one so I offered to trade him for it and off the Rangeman went to another person

I later bought a regular rangman GPS back in March and the watch had the same crown wobble so i sold that one also.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
kubr1ck, can you or Dudu post a picture of a ‘Gold Tornado Frog’, thanks, judg69

These were released as a range weren’t they? Had a really hard finding the Gravitymaster last year.

Can’t believe you guys sold these; they’re amazing and probably one of the best 35th anniversary releases.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
kubr1ck, can you or Dudu post a picture of a ‘Gold Tornado Frog’, thanks, judg69
Here's mine on black metal bracelet. Weighs roughly 2 tons. :-d

IMG_20191019_200231.jpg

These were released as a range weren’t they? Had a really hard finding the Gravitymaster last year.

Can’t believe you guys sold these; they’re amazing and probably one of the best 35th anniversary releases.
Yeah I really liked the Tornado Gravitymaster but the fact is that I just never wore it. The blingy gold bezel was too much even for me. So I sold it at the lowest price available on eBay at the time and still made a profit. I figured it was better off in the hands of another owner who would actually wear it rather than sitting in my watch box. No regrets.

Reactions: GaryK30 and Irf
1 - 17 of 17 Posts