WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'm new to Gshocks as in collecting them and to me, the Rangeman 9400 series is the best dollar to feature set G shock available and I've become a bit obsessed with them and want more colorways but those prices are crazy amounts. I guess I can always buy the bezel and strap of eBay but it's not the same. Stay safe guys...

Registered
I'm new to Gshocks as in collecting them and to me, the Rangeman 9400 series is the best dollar to feature set G shock available and I've become a bit obsessed with them and want more colorways but those prices are crazy amounts. I guess I can always buy the bezel and strap of eBay but it's not the same. Stay safe guys...
Totally agree, new strap and bezel are not the same. If you鈥檙e actually 鈥渃ollecting鈥 then you have to go the whole nine yards. If you鈥檙e collecting an assortment of cool-ass watches to wear then go for it. It could be a great collection of Rangeman bezels and straps.

I did this up for a fire captain who is engaged to my cuz.

He knows it isn鈥檛 the real thing, but he wouldn鈥檛 love it anymore if it was.

Or you always have the option of doing your own thing as well.

I love these watches that you posted. I don鈥檛 know if it鈥檚 a blessing or a curse but I have a hard time wearing resin bands. While it deprives me the opportunity to buy these beautiful watches because if I change them then what鈥檚 the point, it does save me from wanting to own all these.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree, new strap and bezel are not the same. If you鈥檙e actually 鈥渃ollecting鈥 then you have to go the whole nine yards. If you鈥檙e collecting an assortment of cool-ass watches to wear then go for it. It could be a great collection of Rangeman bezels and straps.

I did this up for a fire captain who is engaged to my cuz.
View attachment 15649379

View attachment 15649380
He knows it isn鈥檛 the real thing, but he wouldn鈥檛 love it anymore if it was.

Or you always have the option of doing your own thing as well.

View attachment 15649382
View attachment 15649384

I love these watches that you posted. I don鈥檛 know if it鈥檚 a blessing or a curse but I have a hard time wearing resin bands. While it deprives me the opportunity to buy these beautiful watches because if I change them then what鈥檚 the point, it does save me from wanting to own all these.
The red fireman 9400 looks killer on you and is definitely one of my favorites even if its a mock up one. Regarding changing the look I think your right about getting the real deal as I'm not going to be 100% happy but swapping out the bezel and strap might be a bit of fun. Thanks for your point of view mate...

Registered
I love the Rangeman as well and currently gets the most wrist time.

Changing out the bezel and band may not be the 鈥渞eal deal鈥 to the purists but I鈥檇 much prefer the face plate of the standard version and its positive display so don鈥檛 see any problems.
The freedom in customizing to your likings is one of the cool thing about G-Shocks

But that yellow one though, hawt damn!:love:

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I love the Rangeman as well and currently gets the most wrist time.

Changing out the bezel and band may not be the 鈥渞eal deal鈥 to the purists but I鈥檇 much prefer the face plate of the standard version and its positive display so don鈥檛 see any problems.
The freedom in customizing to your likings is one of the cool thing about G-Shocks

But that yellow one though, hawt damn!:love:
I totally agree! Having my positive screen from my black one will look awesome in the OD green!

Registered
OP You鈥檙e slightly late to the party but yeah pretty sure that the 9400 Ranger will be sticking around for few more years ...It鈥檚 one of these G Shock models .... almost everything is perfect despite the lugs ?!? Kidding Kidding ... Truly a great model - 90-95% overall perfect imho ...here鈥檙e some of my current models I still own ( had few more but the GPR Rangers have taken over and are by far my faves now ! ( not modded whatsoever - all originals as I got them from my authorised Casio dealer in HK and Japan )

Burton Snowboards

Kobe City Fire Bureau

Hong Kong Fire Services Department

Love The Sea And The Earth KJ 3 - 2019

Master In Desert Camouflage

Love The Sea And The Earth KJ 5 - 2019

.... that鈥檚 it for now ... surely a few more to come if the right colour combo will be popping up one day!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
OP You鈥檙e slightly late to the party but yeah pretty sure that the 9400 Ranger will be sticking around for few more years ...It鈥檚 one of these G Shock models .... almost everything is perfect despite the lugs ?!? Kidding Kidding ... Truly a great model - 90-95% overall perfect imho ...here鈥檙e some of my current models I still own ( had few more but the GPR Rangers have taken over and are by far my faves now ! ( not modded whatsoever - all originals as I got them from my authorised Casio dealer in HK and Japan )

Burton Snowboards

Kobe City Fire Bureau

Hong Kong Fire Services Department

Love The Sea And The Earth 2019

Master In Desert Camouflage

.... that鈥檚 it for now ... surely a few more to come if the right colour combo will be popping up one day!
GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!! lol, Mate amazing I hope I can get a collection like that someday! 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Was the lug thing ever real? I remember people freaking out about some issues with the lugs breaking? Anyway mines taken a beating and never had an issue with it.

Registered
My favorite is easily the Kobe or yellow 30th anniversary. I also love the Burton, Men In Rescue, Green Love the Sea and the Earth, and Hong Kong.
I actually would also put my regular production murdered out Rangeman on there, too. My olive one doesn't make the cut, but only because the competition is fierce. I love the Rangemans and besides squares, consider them tied with 6900s as my favorite models, but I just wish they had more affordable color ways besides the murdered out version (yeah, the negative display SUCKS, but I love the aesthetics on this one). I've never found a reasonable prices on any of them (except a Kobe and I am still pissed at myself for hesitating), but then again, I guess the prohibitive pricing has saved me from spending more. Hahaha

Premium Member
FYI, you can go to g-central.com, use the "search the site" box in the top-right corner, and search for "GW-9400 all models" - or many other g-shock well-known models, and you'll come up with a list with photos, dates, etc.

G-central GW-9400 All Models Released

1 - 20 of 68 Posts