WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I went home after work today and there was message from my watch store nearby and they said "the rangeman arrived" so I picked it up immediately. I am so thrilled, this watch is the best watch I ever had.:) I will try to make a short review about it, my first one...hope it will be ok....

P1030917.JPG

STRAP:
I just start with the strap (I just have the resin one) but it is awsome, it is stable, light and very flexible. I comparison to the Riseman it is much better in my opinion. It has a really nice pattern and on the outside there is also a little structured (same as the buttons) "lid" which stops the strap to open up. Don´t know yet if I prefer the metal strap holder over the resin ones but it sure looks nice:)
P1030952.JPG P1030946.jpg

DISPLAY:
So, the display looks pretty good to me, in comparison to the rising dragon, it is more sharp and much brighter in daylight and while using the backlight. I liked the display construction of the Riseman and so I am very pleased with the Rangeman. I find it much easier to read the time from different angles, I had really big troubles with that on my PRW 2500 but on the rangeman it is perfect. I think the little bezel inside, is not easy to read but I guess after using it for a while, you get used to it.

P1030922.JPG P1030934.JPG

BUTTONS:
The buttons feel very solid and have a very good pressure point, also using them with gloves is not a problem. The pattern feels amazing and this is by far a quality update to the Riseman |>
P1030930.JPG P1030931.JPG

BACK:
The back looks nice, there is no rubber over it just the metall plate with the jungle cat wearing a compass:-!, but I like that they fitted it perfectly over the roundings from the buttons. BTW whats that litte "m" on the outer ring over the middle button? (Guess that´s an ingraving of my jeweller!)
P1030937.JPG P1030945.jpg

ON THE WRIST:

Wearing it on the wrist feels really good, it is heavy and it is huge but I think it one of the more comfortable watches on the market.

Here some wristshots....

P1030919.JPG P1030920.JPG

FUNCTIONS:
I compared the temperature to my small weatherstation at home, so I took the watch off my wrist for half an hour and then I measured the temperature, it was perfectly the same as shown in my weather station. :-!

Compass: At first I thought it is not a good idea to put a compass in the small bezel. But as mentioned before I think you will get used to it afte a while. It works quite accurate and fast. I really like that the time is also shown in compass mode. Sometimes when I use the PRW2500 I cannot see the time so sharp and especially with this duplex display sometimes information gets covered. That´s not a problem for the Jungle cat ;-)

Altimeter: I didn´t calibrate it and went up a hill where the altitude is marked, the reading was 2 meters off. So that´s really good, I really like the fact that due to the v3 sensor it shows 1m steps, I always was a bit angry about the 5m steps with the Riseman.

World time: as usual, works really good and shows the whole city name.

Alarms: Works all fine and very well, it is just as loud as on the Riseman.

Stop watch/timer: I don´t know if this is new but when you are at youre homescreen and press "start/stop" it immediately starts the stop watch, I like that;-), the normal stop watch mode is showing the hours in the upper display, and in the middle the current time.

Sunset/sunrise: Sunset and sunrise time are both displayed at the same time and in the little bezel you see a 24hour circle showing current time, sunset and sunrise time as well, for me again quite hard to read...

Overall:

I really like the looks of this watch, it seems very durable and it is a G-Shock:-d with ABC...it is really comfortable and well made...I love it

even my dog approved;-) (normally she isn´t so easy to convince)
P1030924.JPG

I hope you enjoyed it,

cheers

Toby

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Rangeman GW-9400 1ER Finally arrived

when is the rangeman being released in UK? I have checked amazon and still not available

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Re: Rangeman GW-9400 1ER Finally arrived

Reply to "?...BTW whats that litte "m" on the outer ring over the middle button?" On the back plate.

Good question. Neither my green or my positive JDM versions have it on the back plate cover.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: Rangeman GW-9400 1ER Finally arrived & Review

Lovely countryside! Good to know the v3 sensor is living up to its claims.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts

Loved that review and the pictures were great as well.

Well done.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Huge congrats on your Rangeman. Great pics and great review, many thanks.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase, Toby. :-! Very nice informative review too. I like how you pointed out the nice touches, like the contour of the back plate that follows the button positions. It's things like this that push on me even more to get this watch. I can be patient, and wait until my birthday next year, but wow... it's going to be tough to wait! ;-)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Always read reviews after ordering the stuff.... is it just me who does this?

Nice one, sir! The dog pic is my favorite!

Now I am REALLY impatient..... Gotta have this MACHINE! Go DHL! GO!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts

Ah, sat here with my own rangeman now so could really take on board the review. Good job.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Congrats and thanks for the helpful and insightful review! I just ordered up a GW-9400-3ER (green) from Klepsoo in Italy...Now, the waiting begins!!!
GW-9400-3ER.jpg

Reactions: Tobarm1907
1 - 20 of 39 Posts