WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bonjour

Another little review.
First thing. EMS sucks as they are the customs best friends.
I was able to get the Rangeman for 264 euros plus 15 euros of shipping and 86 euros of.... Taxes.
Anyway.
I wanted the carbon fiber version.

The quality of the resin is outstanding. No noise. No squeaks.
I even love the fake screws giving a nice heavy metal balance to the overall package with the buckle, the buttons and the steel keeper.
The positive display is crispy and the led illumination needs to be test in the middle of the night. But
I do not wants to paraphrase the other reviews as this baby feels like a Master.
The carbon fiber strap feels great., I wear it on the 6th or 7th set of holes.
My experience with A B and C watch is 20 years old. I have bought the first G with Thermo and Sunrise sunset. It was my main watching the middle east. And I was glad to dive and hike with it.
Also the first Casio with Altimeter and Barometer was on my wrist in 92...
So I have been always following Casio moves on that domain of outdoors watches.
The Rangeman is fast and accurate.
This is a great digital tool watch.
I bought my Raysman in 98 to have a diving watch with no fear to bump it on equipment. This Rangeman is in the same league. I will use it to dive too.

So more later.
But so far.... Great G.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice!
I was expecting Casio to release a non-atomic version.
Thank you X.R.
Perharps they will release a non atomic version with other colors later ?

BTW about colors, the marking on the watch are more grey than white and on some angle there is none. Picture to follow.
Stealth it is.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here is the shot. (sorry for the quality) but you can see how the white marking is less pronounced than other models. Also the watch is not black but more in the deep grey.
Same as the GW-6900 I guess?

How about the crown guard? Looks like it has the similar crown guard as the GW-A1100, which I found digging my hand sometimes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and I share your pain re EMS and customs but the key is that you now have the watch that you love! From what I've seen and read it's a master piece and while I have no real need for its ABC feature set I do still want it :-d.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How about the crown guard? Looks like it has the similar crown guard as the GW-A1100, which I found digging my hand sometimes.
It's the same, but I never got that problem. Both watch are really confortable. Also I'm wearing them on the upper wrist. :) (With all the dust they look so dirty...)

BATTLE.jpg

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
For all the other silliness we put up with in US, Have to be glad customs , in this instance, is not hassling and charging us anything for importing G-shocks by EMS and other shippers from overseas. They probably run our parcels thru a scanner and send them in their way pronto.

CBP has much more important fish to fry, and they know it, than nickel and dime-ing small time watch buyers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got hungry customs here.
It happen to me twice.
I follow my EMS with the tracking number. I got at least four messages telling me the parcel is not taxable. Then it stays for 24 hours in the customs area and suddendly all the message about the "non taxable" are erased...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Some things I love in the Rangeman :
The button are a pleasure to use. The watch got fast feedback too it reacts quickly.
And the crispy display.
It's like high résolution especially on the baro graphics.

Ho and I love the Led. Not to bright. A good surprise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts