WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have done a good amount of research here, but still haven't found a definitive answer...outside of accent colors (red vs tan), are the gw9400bj and gw9400-3 different negative displays? It looks like the digits are different colors (grey vs tan) Is this correct? I'd like to put a negative module in the camo version, but I like the pictures of the gw9400bj negative displays better than the gw9400-3. They seem more crisp. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I have the Black Black, I find better the Olive but is is not real, I suppose it depends on the contrast between the display and the bezel...the difference is the light angle, visible or not visible, this is the problem...

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Both black negative modded Rangeman

On the left, a module and case from a Navy blue Rangeman.
On the right, a module originally from a green Rangeman inside a normal black Rangeman case.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the side by side pics...I can see the difference very clearly...I think I will get the GW9400BJ module and swap it into the Camo. Cheers.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thanks everyone for the side by side pics...I can see the difference very clearly...I think I will get the GW9400BJ module and swap it into the Camo. Cheers.
Which leads to the question of "where are you planning to get a GW9400BJ module, short of buying the whole watch?" Pacparts stopped selling modules and some other internal parts about a year ago -- a lot of us are wondering if that (and the "banned resin list") was strictly a Casio USA decision.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Which leads to the question of "where are you planning to get a GW9400BJ module, short of buying the whole watch?" Pacparts stopped selling modules and some other internal parts about a year ago -- a lot of us are wondering if that (and the "banned resin list") was strictly a Casio USA decision.
what "banned resin list"?
as in the limited edition resins? afaik its a casio japan decision.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
what "banned resin list"?
as in the limited edition resins? afaik its a casio japan decision.
"The spare parts including bezels and dials of some Casio watch models (click here for complete listing) will no longer be sold directly to our customers." Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO

The list itself, in case the above link stops working: Repair & Service Watch List

That list isn't strictly "limited edition" resins -- according to some older threads where people knew more of those models better than I do, it's more like "limited editions, ones Casio deemed 'kind of special' and some random ones to keep us guessing."

Pacparts started listing all of those resins as "restricted part, contact factory service center" within days of the announcement, but Tiktox in the UK continued to sell quite a few resin sets off that list after the "ban." At first we thought "well, it's just 'old stock' they already had in their store," but as new models made the list and Tiktox was able to sell THOSE resins as well, that's where the questions come up!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was planning on the buying the watch...so I can put the positive module from the Camo in it and have two functioning time pieces.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I was planning on the buying the watch...so I can put the positive module from the Camo in it and have two functioning time pieces.
That sounds like a good plan, and I always thought that made a little more sense than having half a watch in a drawer somewhere! :-!

The way you phrased it before made me wonder, though. "Does he know something the rest of us don't?! His inbox is going to get FLOODED with PM's now, including one from me...." :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
"The spare parts including bezels and dials of some Casio watch models (click here for complete listing) will no longer be sold directly to our customers." Casio Buy Electronic Parts and Watch Bands - Support - CASIO

The list itself, in case the above link stops working: Repair & Service Watch List

That list isn't strictly "limited edition" resins -- according to some older threads where people knew more of those models better than I do, it's more like "limited editions, ones Casio deemed 'kind of special' and some random ones to keep us guessing."

Pacparts started listing all of those resins as "restricted part, contact factory service center" within days of the announcement, but Tiktox in the UK continued to sell quite a few resin sets off that list after the "ban." At first we thought "well, it's just 'old stock' they already had in their store," but as new models made the list and Tiktox was able to sell THOSE resins as well, that's where the questions come up!
hmm interesting list, but it doesnt seem to have been updated for awhile?
neither of the sea earth rangemans are there, both of which i know casio japan will not sell the resins as i have asked :p

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
hmm interesting list, but it doesnt seem to have been updated for awhile?
neither of the sea earth rangemans are there, both of which i know casio japan will not sell the resins as i have asked :p
You're right -- that list apparently is updated randomly by someone at Casio, whenever they remember to do so. :-( Pacparts' database is probably more up-to-date when it comes to new models and parts availability (or lack thereof).

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You're right -- that list apparently is updated randomly by someone at Casio, whenever they remember to do so. :-( Pacparts' database is probably more up-to-date when it comes to new models and parts availability (or lack thereof).
its a good thing i dont order my parts thru pacparts.
rather since i'm in asia, i get our local casio distro to order directly from casio japan.
just recently i placed an order for the PRW3500 resin band, got quoted $15.
pacparts has them for $24, and thats not even inclusive of shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts