WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
G-shock rangeman- OD green
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a protrek prg-270-7dr for almost 6 years but it wasn't as tough as it should be so the appearance of the watch had changed over theses years because of so many hits and bumps against the surfaces,and the keeper was torn so I had sold it recently.so I bought a Gshock rangeman-3dr then,and now as a rangeman owner I'm asking you is the rangeman tough enough to survive from hits and bumps againsts the metal,walls,solid surfaces such as rocks and the other surfaces?I just want to make sure that I've bought the exact thing that I want.
sorry for my bad English.
thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Welcome! If you are asking if the resin will scratch and get chewed up if you bang it a lot against rough surfaces, then yes of course. I don't think that is a sign of weakness just the inevitable result when it comes to the properties of resin. Any watch, steel or resin, will change in appearance if you beat it up.

That being said, the Rangeman is plenty tough, and the strap and keeper will not break on you, so I would just enjoy it and if you suddenly find you don't like the wear, then just buy a new strap or bezel for it. The Rangeman is undoubtedly the best package out there for your money in my opinion.

·
Registered
G-shock rangeman- OD green
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tha
Welcome! If you are asking if the resin will scratch and get chewed up if you bang it a lot against rough surfaces, then yes of course. I don't think that is a sign of weakness just the inevitable result when it comes to the properties of resin. Any watch, steel or resin, will change in appearance if you beat it up.

That being said, the Rangeman is plenty tough, and the strap and keeper will not break on you, so I would just enjoy it and if you suddenly find you don't like the wear, then just buy a new strap or bezel for it. The Rangeman is undoubtedly the best package out there for your money in my opinion.

thank you,Appreciate your answer

·
Registered
845 Posts
My neighbor has a Rangeman that he wears for everything and it's beat to heck and still going strong.

·
Registered
G shock, Oris. This time of year a G-lide.
164 Posts
This is my original GW-9400J-1JF. I've had it since 2018 and it started me off on the whole slippery slope. It's been free diving in Cornwall, with me to Sicily, Tuscany, Santorini. I've airsofted, surfed and dog walked miles with it.

My only two minor issues: temp guage is only accurate off wrist and you'll need to recallibrate the altitude fairly often but that's true of all ABC watches.

A few minor dings but it's held up brilliantly :)
20210504_134840.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
And the keeper etc.
20210504_134849.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
still in a good condition,how come no scratches?
I honestly don't know! There's a few dings on the case but that's it. I'm really impressed by the fact that the battery is still mostly at "H". :)

Reactions: gw9400rangeman3dr
1 - 20 of 49 Posts