WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
trying with the limited input that we've gotten? yes. me personally? no. just following what has been posted on this done to death non issue subject.
yes, unconfirmed as in those that have just said "it broke" without any follow up or pictures.
can def. agree its not that big of a deal, yet ppl keep making it a huge deal and saying its "common".

i never questioned the legitimacy of your claims, your knowledge or how many used watches youve bought with questionable histories, only the hyperbole and exaggeration of saying such few occurrences was common.
You continually seem to be guiding the narrative towards "limited".

However if you just search, you can see over a quite a decent span of time a good amount of topics started regarding broken lugs, various discussions in different threads with responses about someone confirming it's happened.

This thread was specifically started regarding the durability of the rangeman. My response was based on my own first hand experience, along with first person accounts of people I know. I responded based on my own experience and knowledge of this specific failure, and your initial response to my post had all the connotation of it not being a "real" issue, and that it shouldn't have been brought up.

I know there are TONS of positive experiences with the Rangeman. I don't take as much stock in the ones from people who have 5-6 different rangeman in their collection. Those pieces aren't being worn enough to attest to everyday reliability. You have a rotation where each one sees maybe 1-2 days a week if it's lucky on the wrist isn't going to test the everyday durability of it.

I wore my first one 5-6 days a week, doing semi physical work in law enforcement. It saw some moderate usage. The point is that's the watch you expect to handle that type of usage. My other g-shocks that were worn in that environment handled it just fine.

So again, I feel perfectly comfortable issuing a word of caution regarding the strength of the lugs on these without feeling unjust. I love this model. It's still my most commonly worn g-shock. It's on my wrist as I type this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
You continually seem to be guiding the narrative towards "limited".

However if you just search, you can see over a quite a decent span of time a good amount of topics started regarding broken lugs, various discussions in different threads with responses about someone confirming it's happened.

This thread was specifically started regarding the durability of the rangeman. My response was based on my own first hand experience, along with first person accounts of people I know. I responded based on my own experience and knowledge of this specific failure, and your initial response to my post had all the connotation of it not being a "real" issue, and that it shouldn't have been brought up.

I know there are TONS of positive experiences with the Rangeman. I don't take as much stock in the ones from people who have 5-6 different rangeman in their collection. Those pieces aren't being worn enough to attest to everyday reliability. You have a rotation where each one sees maybe 1-2 days a week if it's lucky on the wrist isn't going to test the everyday durability of it.

I wore my first one 5-6 days a week, doing semi physical work in law enforcement. It saw some moderate usage. The point is that's the watch you expect to handle that type of usage. My other g-shocks that were worn in that environment handled it just fine.

So again, I feel perfectly comfortable issuing a word of caution regarding the strength of the lugs on these without feeling unjust. I love this model. It's still my most commonly worn g-shock. It's on my wrist as I type this.

not guiding anything or trying to change any narrative, its based on searchable facts. someone even made a list summarising them all and yes being so few and most with little info, the list was rather short and incomplete.

just because ppl create more new threads and beat the dead horse (as is being done here) doesnt mean its occurring more, its just one of those topics that everyone jumps on.

no, you based it on your limited experience and applied it to all rangemans telling everyone that 10 (or even 100) our of 10-100,000 was common occurance, which is what i corrected. as i said, i never questioned your experience or usage so no need to keep validating your ownership or frequency of wear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
not guiding anything or trying to change any narrative, its based on searchable facts. someone even made a list summarising them all and yes being so few and most with little info, the list was rather short and incomplete.

just because ppl create more new threads and beat the dead horse (as is being done here) doesnt mean its occurring more, its just one of those topics that everyone jumps on.

no, you based it on your limited experience and applied it to all rangemans telling everyone that 10 (or even 100) our of 10-100,000 was common occurance, which is what i corrected. as i said, i never questioned your experience or usage so no need to keep validating your ownership or frequency of wear.
You clearly have some bias here. I've never discussed this, here or anywhere else. Maybe it's time you take into account how many others there are that aren't even aware people discuss it online, let alone post about it.

It's not beating a dead horse because you decided it was.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
You clearly have some bias here. I've never discussed this, here or anywhere else. Maybe it's time you take into account how many others there are that aren't even aware people discuss it online, let alone post about it.

It's not beating a dead horse because you decided it was.

bias to what? facts? not exaggerating things? knowing the history of the discussion on this forum? yea totes bias 🙄

you may not have but many others just like you, threw around words like "common" and implied all rangers are affected in the countless posts and threads on here and yes because of that extensive "discussion" every angle, possibility, probability and completely fictional scenarios have been considered, right down to the number of those that would wear and abuse it daily and the result is still the same - occurrences and reports are so few and far between that theres no way of determining it as any kind "common" occurrence. even if there were hundreds of faults it would still be less than 1% failure rate which is prob within casio's tolerances.
so yes anything further is beating a dead horse. just because you werent part of the thousands of posts in the beginning doesnt make it not so and it does fall on to someone to tell you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
bias to what? facts? not exaggerating things? knowing the history of the discussion on this forum? yea totes bias

you may not have but many others just like you, threw around words like "common" and implied all rangers are affected in the countless posts and threads on here and yes because of that extensive "discussion" every angle, possibility, probability and completely fictional scenarios have been considered, right down to the number of those that would wear and abuse it daily and the result is still the same - occurrences and reports are so few and far between that theres no way of determining it as any kind "common" occurrence. even if there were hundreds of faults it would still be less than 1% failure rate which is prob within casio's tolerances.
so yes anything further is beating a dead horse. just because you werent part of the thousands of posts in the beginning doesnt make it not so and it does fall on to someone to tell you.
See there's your mistake. OP asked a question, right? "How have your Rangeman held up so far?". I answered based on my experience. And you took it personal.

Believe it or not, 'user experience may vary'. So because you, or others haven't experienced it, doesn't make it "rare".

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
See there's your mistake. OP asked a question, right? "How have your Rangeman held up so far?". I answered based on my experience. And you took it personal.

Believe it or not, 'user experience may vary'. So because you, or others haven't experienced it, doesn't make it "rare".

well actually it does make it rare when comparing occurrences to number sold ie. applying it to the general population instead of a mere single user experience. your few occurrences doesnt make it "common".

nothing personal or bias or whatever else youre stuck on, as i said, im merely summarising hundreds of posts over years of threads on here to a simple rational conclusion and i, like many others here, can see it for what it is, a dead horse copping yet another hiding 🐴💢🤛🙄

41 - 49 of 49 Posts