WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally finished what I consider the ultimate survival watch combination. A Rangeman gw-9400-1jf with a paracord band.

The paracord has an internal jute strand for kindling and the buckle has firesteel and a striker as well so it works as a firestarter in emergencies too.

Also it has an emergency whistle.

Can it get any more utilitarian than this?

Watch Auto part Fashion accessory Strap Metal

Auto part Fashion accessory Bicycle part Metal

Light Cameras & optics Watch Camera Lens

Orange Toy Personal protective equipment Vehicle

Also a special shoutout to Howard from Westcoasttime, I only received one adapter with the first shipment for the adapters due to poor qc from the factory. Howard made sure that I actually got a pair the second time through! Thanks Howard!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, that is freakin' awesome! Could mean the difference between life and death.

Is it comfortable?

I think this calls for a how-to video. :think:
Hehe, yep. I was trying to figure out an upgrade from a simple paracord strap which would have far greater utility and the rangeman was perfect in every way for it!

It's more comfortable than the stock strap. The paracord is a lot more well ventilated and resists becoming hot and sweaty.

A how-to video might be coming soon. :-d

·
Registered
990 Posts
This is the coolest mod I have ever seen on a G Shock. I couldn't believe the CF strap was removed until I saw all the pics...but it made perfect sense.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
That paracord strap is the business! The whole concept of an outdoor 'survivalist' watch is great.

I love how you have managed to match the orange eye with the orange highlights in the strap. Looks comfortable, apart from the buckle arrangement, which I fear would be a step too far for my 6.25" wrist!

Amazing concept and execution.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Now if this set up would have GPS or something to give away your location, that would be the bomb. Amazing idea, very well executed |>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wouldn't the jute strand, you included in your strap, in general be too damp to use it to light a fire. Especially in most survival situations, where most people are rather likely to sweat, get wet, or bleed?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Ordered the clasp from eBay, surprisingly inexpensive at less than ten bux !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts