WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do we think, will Rangeman parts be available soon? I'm going to pick up an black 9400 with the intent of swapping for the olive bezel, will I be able to pick up a new bezel for a reasonable price anytime soon?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great fun! Easy swap.
Yes, but the cost! Everyone on this forum has made me afraid of the negative Rangeman display.

I'm hoping for cheap bezels, not only so I can get an olive one, but also so I can try altering the color of the markings to match the traditional positive display.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I went one step further and swapped out the modules, It was a little difficult but really not that bad, all you need is good eyes and good tweezers.

I did it because I didn't like the red words and red eye with the green resin.
[/QUOTE]

Wow - now that is awesome! If they had made it like that from the factory I'd have bought the green one without a doubt!
I agree, the best looking GW-9400 I have seen to date and truly a shame Casio didn't release that combo in the first place. However, I'm pretty sure as time goes by we will see tons of more Rangeman variations, I have a feeling this model will be around a long time.

cheers

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
When someone does a a module swap like this, does it effect water resistance at all?
As long as you carefully place the caseback, make sure the gasket sits in its groove and gently tighten the screws crosswise, no. It is actually not different from a battery change but caution is recommended that no dust and/or fingerprints will settle between the crystal and the module, so a clean workstation and rubber gloves are very helpful.

cheers

p.s. open up a watch - be it for module swap or battery change - is done best in a dry, warm room or generally on a day with low humidity to avoid possible fogging later on.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If ur going mod or open your watches go to the auto part store buy dialectric grease to put a little around the ring to make sure your case stays water proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope they release parts soon. I tried to notch my band as one set of holes is too tight and the next set too loose. Ended up botching it up a bit :/ . Wouldn't mind replacing it; maybe even with the carbon band if that is available as a replacement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts