WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really wait to get a Rangeman but I'm torn on the Carbon Fibre vs Resin setup. I've found the CF version from Japan for $390USD, but then I'll get hit with UK import fees and possible messing around if I have to pick it up from the depot.

Otherwise, I could wait for the UK release but there'll be no CF version. I'm unsure how much the CF strap would cost as an extra should I then wish to add it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I ordered mine from Sunknots on Rakuten, paid £220, plus the import fees of £55 to £60. Looks like we are getting the CF strap here, for £280, there is already a post on here with a link to the G-Shock website
confirming the CF. Watchhut are also advertising it for £280 as well.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I ordered mine from Sunknots on Rakuten, paid £220, plus the import fees of £55 to £60. Looks like we are getting the CF strap here, for £280, there is already a post on here with a link to the G-Shock website
confirming the CF. Watchhut are also advertising it for £280 as well.
I'm not sure the UK are getting the CF strap on the regular release. The Watch Hut pic does show it but the UK G-Shock premium site shows it with the Triple Sensor text on the strap instead:
CASIO G-Shock | Product Details

But as you mentioned G-Shock UKs FB page does state they will have the import 9400BJ with CF strap for £280 which if correct is a pretty good price for the UK given there will be no additional fees.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. I was going to purchase from Higuchi earlier, however I may as well get the UK version if it's released on Tuesday anyway.

Will pre order from Watchhut now :)

EDIT: Casio UK now have them!!

Just spoke to the Covent Garden store and they have several in stock. The East store probably does as well I'm guessing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Watch hut had one in stock. Then I bought it. Their photo shows the carbon fibre strap model but I'm expecting the normal resin strap model to show up on Tuesday. Personally I don't like carbon fibre stuff. OK if it's being used for a proper hi-tech purpose like on a racing car. But in a watch strap? Duff IMHO but please feel free to disagree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts