WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Rangeman here in Japan and I was surprised that it didn't sync last night. I can't find an online English manual, so does anyone know how to do a manual sync? Thanks and I'll post pictures soon.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Ha ha, you found the instant Stopwatch Start, didn't you? I guess you have set your watch to TYO as home city. It probably came that way. For manual sync go to the Received mode and then press and hold the lower right button. It will try to sync then (in your case with the Fukushima transmitter.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
BTW, Casio somehow don't have the manual on-line the regular way, but I found the PDF on google. Maybe it was on My G-Shock or Watchshock. Just google Rangeman and Manual. I used it a lot for my article on 50 Gs.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is set to Tokyo and I live in Japan, for some reason going to the receive mode and pushing the lower right button nothing happens? I know from my other G-Shocks that should start a manual recieve.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It is set to Tokyo and I live in Japan, for some reason going to the receive mode and pushing the lower right button nothing happens? I know from my other G-Shocks that should start a manual recieve.
Do you have BARO INFO switched on in the barometer setting? It can't receive the atomic signal if that is set to on.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Do you have BARO INFO switched on in the barometer setting? It o can't receive the atomic signal if that is set to on.
Wow, I thought I had read the manual thoroughly... I didn't knew that. Thanks for clearing this up and for the link of the manual.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES! MCZK you were right, somehow the barometer setting was on and also thank you for the PDF file. The Rangeman is syncing and all is good in the G-Shock world. Sjors thanks too for helping out.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
YES! MCZK you were right, somehow the barometer setting was on and also thank you for the PDF file. The Rangeman is syncing and all is good in the G-Shock world. Sjors thanks too for helping out.
Very welcome, glad to help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm having the same issue and unable to sync my Rangeman since I got it a couple weeks ago. I have it set to SIN time and have tried manual sync with DST both on and off. I turned BARO to off but I still don't get any "hold" prompt or anything when I hold the bottom right button in the Received mode. The previous sync time was October 4th at 12:02am, which would have been in Japan before it shipped to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
79 Posts
You mean you can get it synced in Singapore?
While in SIN time, I was UNABLE to sync. Upon switching to HKG (same timezone as SIN), I was then able to sync manually. I believe this is because not all cities available for selection are able to sync to the atomic clock. After checking out the manual for "ERR" with syncing, I read that those ERRs only apply to certain cities, of which HKG was one (and SIN was not).

·
Registered
396 Posts
While in SIN time, I was UNABLE to sync. Upon switching to HKG (same timezone as SIN), I was then able to sync manually. I believe this is because not all cities available for selection are able to sync to the atomic clock. After checking out the manual for "ERR" with syncing, I read that those ERRs only apply to certain cities, of which HKG was one (and SIN was not).
That's not possible. There's no reception in Singapore. Hmm..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts