WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find out something more about the supposedly future release, the Rangeman. So far I found two pics:

From the pics we can infer that it's Tough Solar, Atomic and (probably) has a fifth light button on the front. And of course, the magic words: "Triple Sensor". So it's a good bet it would be the first ABC G-Shock, unless Casio gos the ABT route again, like it has done with all the Riseman. Making an ABT makes sense to me because I always thought that we would never have an ABC G-Shock so that there was no competition with the ProTreks.

The 10:58 display on the pics means that this is a mock-up model, it doesn't have a functional module, and the shape of the case reminds me a lot of the 9300. Someone on a Spanish forum even speculated that this case could be a prototype for the 9300, maybe an overall design that wasn't used. And of course there was also the huge secrecy by Casio :roll:. So as much as I would l-o-v-e to have another Master of G (it would have to be a MoG!), I'm kind of worried if this was just either a hoax or maybe a media stunt.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
If that is a real ace jewelers photo then it is probably a real model, because I don't think ace jewelers would be involved in a hoax. I can also guarantee there are people on this forum who know for sure, one way or the other, but might not be allowed to talk about it yet. (I am not one of these people). That said, it looks pretty nice and I would buy a special stealthed color version of it

It looks like it is wearing a gas mask!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Looking at the external sensors it leads me to believe it is using the same chip/sensors as the current (pre-prw3000) protrek tech. If they keep them 1 generation apart on the full abc watches the pro-treks will still have a place.

In the larger picture I see a full revamp of the Master of G's with the 3rd gen tech (smaller lighter chips and no external modules will all help packaging of a tough g-shock.

Sent with aloha

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Awesome!

I notice there is no NEWS on the dial... which makes me wonder if it doesn't have a compass... then again, this prototype might not look like the final version.
The "10" and "-10" might indicate a baro trend while the upper part of the right side might display the baro graph (doesn't it even say "BARO" underneath?). Maybe they decided against the "NEWS" to have the baro trend indicator. It also has no extra buttons for the ABC-functions so I guess you'd have to access them by scrolling through the menues - could be a bit tiresome. Let's wait and see. So far I think it's very promising.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
How insane would it be if it had a rangefinder? Point the top at a target in range mode and it displays the distance to target within a few inches or centimeters. I have no use for another watch much less a rangefinder but I would buy that no questions asked.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The first ABC G-Shock?

It gets bought on that basis alone. Personally I'd like to see a move away from the Riseman-esque design for the ABC feature set info to be best displayed though.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like it is wearing a gas mask!
Gas mask, audio package on the left and some sort of vision enhancement on the right - it's a space marine helmet!

If they keep them 1 generation apart on the full abc watches the pro-treks will still have a place.
That certainly would be a way to do it, so that it doesn't threaten the ProTreks. However, if the ProTreks now get the better AB module (1 m increments, faster reading times), wouldn't that imply that the G is inferior to the ProTrek? In terms of market shares the G trounces any ProTrek.

It's real. That's all I have for now.
Good enough for me! I have to e-mail Seiya, Higuchi and Chino.

If it does have a compass, I think it will show your orientation only digitally (in degrees). I think that eye on the dial would only be for some sort of altitude (or maybe pressure) reading. I personally would rather have some sort of analog compass, like all the ProTreks have, because I'm kind of mentally impaired and it takes longer for me to translate a degree reading into directions.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Gas mask, audio package on the left and some sort of vision enhancement on the right - it's a space marine helmet!

That certainly would be a way to do it, so that it doesn't threaten the ProTreks. However, if the ProTreks now get the better AB module (1 m increments, faster reading times), wouldn't that imply that the G is inferior to the ProTrek? In terms of market shares the G trounces any ProTrek.

Good enough for me! I have to e-mail Seiya, Higuchi and Chino.

If it does have a compass, I think it will show your orientation only digitally (in degrees). I think that eye on the dial would only be for some sort of altitude (or maybe pressure) reading. I personally would rather have some sort of analog compass, like all the ProTreks have, because I'm kind of mentally impaired and it takes longer for me to translate a degree reading into directions.
The eye on the dial probably shows barometric pressure and changes in altitude (rising or falling) and direction of north, all depending on which mode you are in. Then, specific meaningful number data (such as pressure, degrees, etc) would be displayed on the digital display

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
So this is the new Riseman ? :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks huge. Unfortunately I have smaller wrists and that just won't work for me. I'll probably just get the PRW-3000 as it seems nice and compact.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Yes indeed - the new G-Shock Rangeman looks like a cracker.

This will be the very first triple-sensor G-Shock.
1) Alti-Baro
2) Compass
3) Thermo

The light down the bottom is Super Illuminator. The rugged button on the right is to access your sensors. The top display (where it says "Sun" will be a multi-graphic display (to show alt/baro info). The multi scope eye will also assist with alti,comp, timer stw, alarm etc). The band will be a carbonfiber band. And yes - this will be Multiband 6, Tough Solar. It will also have a "Sunrise and Sunset" feature on it. Comes with 48 city time zones. Also - a 40 memory recall.

Launch: October 2013.

Model: GW9400

It'll come in two different colour variations:
rangeman 1.jpg rangeman 2.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi there,

Yes indeed - the new G-Shock Rangeman looks like a cracker.

This will be the very first triple-sensor G-Shock.
1) Alti-Baro
2) Compass
3) Thermo

The light down the bottom is Super Illuminator. The rugged button on the right is to access your sensors. The top display (where it says "Sun" will be a multi-graphic display (to show alt/baro info). The multi scope eye will also assist with alti,comp, timer stw, alarm etc). The band will be a carbonfiber band. And yes - this will be Multiband 6, Tough Solar. It will also have a "Sunrise and Sunset" feature on it. Comes with 48 city time zones. Also - a 40 memory recall.

Launch: October 2013.

Model: GW9400

It'll come in two different colour variations:
Do you happen to know the case size?

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Basically it's a fusion of Riseman layout with compass and left-over buttons from A1100.

It seems that if you put a GW-9200 and a GW-A1100 in a honeymoon trip and you will get this GW-9400 (?) 9 months later.

1 - 20 of 842 Posts