WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
The screws look very much like the ones used as strap retainers on certain MT-Gs and other models like my GW-700DU. Those consist of one long thread and one screw, however. I suppose there's an outside chance they could be functional, but as they are all lined up seems highly unlikely.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Nobody complains about the screws on the Froggies. I don't mind decorative screws as long as they don't have a tendency to pop out.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Now I'm confused. So the watch shown in this thread is not the Rangeman? I know someone linked to a patent for the Rangeman suggesting something entirely different from an ABC-watch.
Here you got it. GW9400 is the first ABC G-Shock. I wonder what the Rangeman will be?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting. Note under the day of the week (SUN) in small letters it says "baro." Perhaps this area of the display will allow one to toggle between day of week and a barograph. Interesting that the sensor is on the right side of the module as well.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nobody complains about the screws on the Froggies. I don't mind decorative screws as long as they don't have a tendency to pop out.
Exactly. People who are worried are thinking about the 7910, and AFAIK, it's the only watch who had issues with suicidal bezel screws.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Now I'm confused. So the watch shown in this thread is not the Rangeman? I know someone linked to a patent for the Rangeman suggesting something entirely different from an ABC-watch.
Sorry for not so clear. This model is the Rangeman. But I don't see the mascot or the logo on the caseback. On other Master of G's, we have frog, turtle, squirrel, dragon, mole, etc. What will the Rangeman be?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Good question. If it's truly a Master of G and a different line (not Mudman, Riseman or Gulfman), it will probably be something totally different.
Hope so!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Sorry for not so clear. This model is the Rangeman. But I don't see the mascot or the logo on the caseback. On other Master of G's, we have frog, turtle, squirrel, dragon, mole, etc. What will the Rangeman be?

Where is there a picture of the caseback with no animal?

Given that it measures altitude, it should be an animal that flies. The Riseman had the Dragon and the Flying Squirrel. I think the Rangeman should be some sort of bird. Maybe an eagle

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Japan is not in North America, so don't expect an eagle or a goose.
Think about a crane or a falcon, or possibly some manga-originated creature.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really would like to know the specs of the case. With a look to the pictures of the Rangeman and in relation to the width of the band of the GW-9300, the Rangeman case could be a little bit smaller than the Mudman...if the Rangeman would get the same band.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
From the pictures I think it will have roughly the same size of the 9300, and possibly the same lug width. It sure will be a big boy's watch.
September is going to take forever to come...

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Japan is not in North America, so don't expect an eagle or a goose.
Think about a crane or a falcon, or possibly some manga-originated creature.

Japan has eagles, too. Anyway, they have chosen some strange animals in the past: the bat for the raysman, the ostrich for the lungman, the frill-neck lizard for the revman... Who knows, they could do anything. If they do choose a bird of prey, though, it will probably be some cute manga-like representation of it.

41 - 60 of 842 Posts