WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently only a full silver set is available. Three different colours of the bezel though - black, gold & silver. Found it on AliExpress, the seller assured me that all the engravings are present on the bezel and the clasp. It must be really heavy. Would you buy one anyway?

Sent from my LEX829 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks pretty good although I would like to see better pictures to ensure the lettering, finishing etc is well done.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm......................no thanks.

The GW-9400 is light and supremely comfortable on the wrist, as-is. Putting a SS bezel and band on it will make it very heavy. Plus, no one knows what adding a metal bezel and band to the 9400 will do to its shock resistance protection. The GMW-B5000 squares were designed to be metal. The 9400 wasn't. So.....I'm gonna stick with the resin/cf straps and bezels on that one.

(I am also curious what the metal will do to the Ranger's lug area.. Does it remove the (however small) issue of potential lug breakage? Or possibly make it worse??) :think:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sectrely i hoped for the inverse of this, a metal body with screwback that accepts the default bezel and strap of the GW-9400.
But then no-one wants the frogman anymore...

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Why? Rangers are tough rugged watches for Hazardous abuse. This seems, like a full chrome rock climbing dune buggy. Looks good at first, but it's not going to stay pretty after doing what it's meant to do.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Non Casio parts labelled 'G SHOCK'.
Does that make them fake, therefore against forum rules?

Just asking...
Possible trademark infringement. But not going to get the International crowd claiming American new world police superiority.

Just sayin'

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Say all you want. I was simply asking the question.

I hate seeing fakes on eBay, not sure why this is any different.
There was a Seiko modder a while ago. He was selling his stuff all over the place. But people looked at him a little sideways because he was making his own dials, but putting the Seiko logo on them. I don’t see how this is any different.

Reactions: Zzyzx
1 - 20 of 76 Posts