WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casio watches in Australia are distributed by Shriro Australia.

I bought a blue Gulfman from an Australia AD maybe 2-3 years ago. The battery died, and when removing the caseback I noticed that the head had sheared off one of the caseback screws. This was surprising as G-Shocks are supposed to be robust.

Upon inquiring whether a replacement screw is available, Shriro advised me verbally that I can buy a set of 4 (about $5, a bit steep for 4 tiny screws, but a good outcome) if I emailed my request. But the reply to my email stated that Shriro will not supply the parts and that I must send my watch in for repair. After several emails back and forth, Shriro will not budge.

I do not recommend buying G-Shocks from Australian ADs. They are overpriced and customer service is nonexistent. Better to save your money and buy online.

Does anybody know where to buy a caseback screw for a blue Gulfman?

·
Registered
377 Posts
jason_recliner,
Can't say I am too surprised, I have to agree that Australian retail is not known
for its after sale service or competitive pricing.

Buying online is a far better option and as for parts, maybe try dealing directly with Casio or an online parts supplier.
Shipping on such a small item will be negligible at least.

Good luck with it!

regards,
George

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Who is Shriro? Is he the Japanese Casio AD in your area? And that's just another reason why Casio should bring back the stainless steel case with the screw back. If your watch was a screw back you would never have the problem with the case back shearing off the head of the screw.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Sedi

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Unfortunately I agree I buy very little stuff from retail stores in Oz....way to expensive. If I want something i go online. I seriously don't know how Oz retail is going to survive with the internet as it is now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't know Shriro was the distributor in Australia. If you're looking for Japanese watches in Australia, check www.watchcentre.com.au. They get their watches from suppliers directly in Japan so their prices are often cheaper than what you can find at Australian retail stores.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't know Shriro was the distributor in Australia. If you're looking for Japanese watches in Australia, check www.watchcentre.com.au. They get their watches from suppliers directly in Japan so their prices are often cheaper than what you can find at Australian retail stores.

There are no shortage of online watch sources but I try to buy locally when I can afford it. In the case of Casio, there is absoluteely no point buying locally (in Australia) as after sales service is non-existent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts