WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry if this has already been brought up a million times already. I haven’t been in this forum for a long while and just recently started looking at Breitling’s offerings on their website again, and man am I disappointed that they got rid of the Pilot style bracelet on the Chronomat. I mean, I already didn’t like that they got rid of the wings on the Chronomat and Navi line, but can live with that if I have to but that awesome Pilot bracelet with the screws to hold the links together was simply awesome, and I’m very disappointed that they went the route of the torpedo like Rouleax (sp)? bracelet now. At least offer the Pilot still as an option!

Even the SuperAvengers don’t look as nice as they used to with their now very generic looking bracelets. I know many are not into the older style high polished blingy look of the old Breitlings but I loved them and wish they still offered them as an option. Heck, call them a different model if you have to, but man do I miss them. Ok, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming of boring new designs. LOL.

My still cherished Crosswind Special. Old school baby...

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I would love to find a nice Pilot bracelet with enough links to fit my 8”+ wrists! I wish It was still available as an option as well. Vance.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,437 Posts
I would love to find a nice Pilot bracelet with enough links to fit my 8”+ wrists! I wish It was still available as an option as well. Vance.
Hi, Vance. :) For which watch are you trying to find a Pilot bracelet?...
Best,
Ron

Edit: If you are looking for the correct PIlot bracelet for your B13352 Chronomat they are model 300A for the all stainless steel version and model 301D for the "two tone" 18K/Stainless steel version. They can at times be found pre-owned on Ebay and the various watch forum sales corners including WUS. Posting a "Want to buy" on the watch sales corners is perhaps the quickest way to find one. Extra links for those bracelets are 18mm width (the bracelets are 20mm interhorn width tapering to 18mm for the links and clasp. They can also quite often be found on Ebay but you have to be diligent in searching and quick to snag it when they become available. Here is a two tone link available right now... 18MM Breitling Pilot Bracelet Link S/S &18K Yellow Gold Chronomat | eBay and here is an all SS version available now... NEW 18MM BREITLING PILOT BRACELET LINK 300A 301A 303A 350A 351A 356A 358A 361A | eBay Here is a 300A... AUTHENTIC BREITLING PILOT BRACELET 20-18mm 300A WITH BOX | eBay And here is a 301D... Breitling BRACELET Gold & Steel 301d unworn Chronomat or any 20mm ! | eBay
Also, you need to be aware that the original "full length" 300A or 301D bracelets have 7 "fixed" links, 3 removable links and of course 4 end links for watch and clasp attachment. My wrist is 7 3/4" and a standard full length bracelet with 3 removable links is fine. An 8" wrist will require at least one and possibly two extra removable links added to fit. Hope this helps! :)
Kind Regards,
Ron

PS. I've seen both two tone and all SS Pilot bracelets on a B13352 Chronomat like yours and both look terrific! In my view, the all SS version actually looks very clean and appropriate on that watch. MUCH less expensive than the two tone PIlot as well... ;)

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
941 Posts
I'm a fan of the old school as much as anyone else but just for conversation purposes couldn't one argue the roleaux bracelet on the new chronomts is old school? Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and I personally prefer it.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,437 Posts
I'm a fan of the old school as much as anyone else but just for conversation purposes couldn't one argue the roleaux bracelet on the new chronomts is old school? Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and I personally prefer it.
Hi, Brad. Although it is attractive, old or new school, IMO the Rouleaux pales in comparison to the Pilot and for that matter, the Pro II, Pro III and Mesh bracelets as well. I have experience with all of them so I don't think I'm speaking out of turn. Sizing, clasp design and aesthetics all combine to justify discontinuance of the Rouleaux when that happened the first time in 2005. Re-introducing it in 2019 (?) was, IMO, an exercise in contrived nostalgia justifying the real and unmentioned cost saving to the company with the Rouleaux replacing the Pilot. For conversation purpose, just my .02 worth... :)
Kind Regards,
Ron

My Chronomat GT on Rouleaux...

Granddaughter's Callistino on 105D two tone Rouleaux...

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
941 Posts
Hi, Brad. Although it is attractive, old or new school, IMO the Rouleaux pales in comparison to the Pilot and for that matter, the Pro II, Pro III and Mesh bracelets as well. I have experience with all of them so I don't think I'm speaking out of turn. Sizing, clasp design and aesthetics all combine to justify discontinuance of the Rouleaux when that happened the first time in 2005. Re-introducing it in 2019 (?) was, IMO, an exercise in contrived nostalgia justifying the real and unmentioned cost saving to the company with the Rouleaux replacing the Pilot. For conversation purpose, just my .02 worth... :)
Kind Regards,
Ron

My Chronomat GT on Rouleaux...

Granddaughter's Callistino on 105D two tone Rouleaux...

View attachment 15843087

View attachment 15843088
I love hearing others opinions and by no way expect anyone to agree with mine! I should clarify I was speaking simply from an aesthetic point of view on the new one and not construction.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Rouleaux bracelet is original I know, but I think the Pilot is far superior a design and I much prefer the look. It’s part of what brought me to Breitling in the first place. Also don’t think pins and sleeves belong in such a watch. They are going backwards in construction quality for more money. I’m ok with them having the Rouleaux as an option but they should also have kept the Pilot as an alternative for those past and future buyers who still love that design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts