WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Re: 17 jewels Beijing BS-2 watches

soviet said:
17 jewels BS-2, rarity-**
Here are three examples of the BS-2 series watches. Of interest is the first one, which has engraved hour markers than thinner hands. Also of interest is the third one, which has the "To Serve the People" Slogan, probably manufactured in the mid 60s, at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: Hong Deng watch

Hong Deng(red lantern) is the only brand that was made by a county watch factory. It was made by XUXI County Watch factory in Jiangsu province.
This is a very rare brand. Many vendors and collectors have lusted this watch when they heard about it. The standard movement is stamped SZICQ. I think the movement was made by Chong Qing Watch factory in Sichuan province. On the case back, it says WUXIXIANSHOUBIAOCHANG(WUXI county watch factory), but on the dial it is printed ZHONGGUO ZHIZAO (made in China). :)

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Re: Day/night indicator watches

Recently I saw some NOS day/night indicator watches offered. So far I have seen 3 brands of different dials. These are Butterfly made in XIAN, Beijixing by Yantai watch factory, and Peacock made in Liaoning. These are uncommon designs of vintage Chinese watches.

I am not sure when they were made.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: Panda brand watches

Panda brand watches were made by Fenglei(wind&thunder) Precision Instruments Factory in Shaanxi province. Very few vintage Chinese watches were made by a non-watch factory. These are not rare, but clean, textured dial Panda watches are interesting to collect. Some Panda watches also have a decorated standard movement. This factory also made a Lingyang (antelope) brand watch. The Lingyang brand watch seems much less often seen.

The logo sign is a very nice panda that is also found on the casebacks.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Re: Beijing BS-1

Now here is a real rare one, a Beijing BS-1(model 1) watch. Only 3726 such watches were made between 1958-1961, and they were not sold on the open market. This watch has a Swiss Roamer copy movement made with some crude equipment before the Enicar production line was imported. It is a very rare watch. I have only heard of report of only 3 such watches so far. I never saw the images of the other two.

Rarity-****

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Re: Lu Shan textured pie pan dial watch

Lu shan is a brand made by Nanchang Watch factory in Jiangxi province. This is an uncommon brand, and a textured pie pan dial Lushan, or a watch with a Chinese character logo is rare. Lushan with a plain, flat dial with pinyin logo is more common, but one such watch was still sold for RMB 600 by one of the vendors recently. This watch has a standard movement. It should have a same logo sign on the crown.

rarity-***

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Re: Coloured dial watches

soviet said:
Watches with coloured dials are much less often seen than white dial watches. Watches with unusual colors and more features (day,date, automatic,luminous,etc) are even less often seen.
Zhongshan with coloured textured dial is very uncommon. I have seen about 20 textured dial Zhongshans, this is the only one I have seen so far.

Rarity-** in Beijing.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Re: NOS Kongque automatic day/date

A NOS automatic day/date watch is uncommon for a vintage Chinese watch.
Kongque (peacock) is a brand made by Liaoning Watch Factory. This 33 jewels automatic watch may not be a very old watch. It was probably made in late 1980's.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Re: Earliest Shanghai watch

Shanghai watch was called HEPING(peace) and 东方红(east is red)in 1958.
Here is an image of the HEPING dial on a commemorate watch of the factory's 30th anniversary.

COOLPX provided the image on a Chinese site.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Re: Mudan(peony) 牡丹

Almost any watch made by a smaller factory is a rare watch outside China. Those with Chinese logos and non-standard movements are interesting collectables as they were usually made before 1974, so very clean examples are not easy to find. :-!

This MUDAN brand was made in Luo Yang, Henan province.This Chinese characters logo Mudan is an uncommon watch.

There is also a Luo Yang brand watch with a Beijing SB 5 movement.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Re: Shanghai 4120 model watch

Shanghai 4120 model watch is a very rare one. I never saw one in person. It has a rare 18000 bph SS4 movement. Later this movement has an automatic and date version that was encased in the Shanghai military watch.

This could be an experimental model with very small numbers produced.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Re: Dong Feng(east wind) 29 jewels automaic

This East Wind automatic has a ST-5D 29 jewels automatic movement. Later the brand name was changed to Seagull for export. Both watches are quite rare. I have found only this one and saw another image of the Seagull since last year.I suspect that it could be even less common than the Shanghai military automatic watches.

Rarity:***

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Re: NOS Mao's anniversary watches

Many factories made Mao's 100th anniversary watches of various quality. The best was a solid gold watch. But that is very rare.

These two NOS watches were made in Tianjin with a standard movement. These watches are not easy to find in this condition. |>

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Re: 21 jewels Shuangcheng automatic date watch

Shuangcheng brand(double cities) was made in Beijing. It is not a very often seen brand. This 21 jewels automatic date Shuangcheng is a rare watch as it has an unigue one direction winding standard automatic movement. It also has a unigue S/S case and dial. This watch looks like an export watch with English letters on the movment and caseback. It was probably made in the 1980's.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
A Yongjiu(forever) brand watch made by QIQIHAR Watch factory. It should be the north-most watch factory in China. This watch has a Shanghai SS-1 movement that was supplied by Shanghai Watch Factory to help it start the business. But the factory got very limited number of SS-1 movements so that this is a rare watch.

This watch is from Coolpx's collection who has bought more than 10,000 vintage Chinese in one year!!O|

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Tianjin 1962 chronograph

This is a very rare watch. Only 1,400 watches were made for PLAAF pilots since 1962. I have never seen one in person.

It should have similar specifications as a Soviet chronograph made at about the same time.

Rarity:****

Attachments

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.