WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an opportunity to pick this one up for 350 USD .But I have some queries on the originality of the watch in question.

Is this a genuine dial?I'm particularly concerned about the faded fonts in the lower part of the dial.

The GP case with flat pushers is something that adds a premium for collectors than the regular SS examples. Is my reasoning correct?

Lastly, what are your opinions on the movement and its general condition?I understand the cal. 1270/1280 is a fairly desirable one.

Should I keep holding out for something better at the price being asked for or is it a good purchase factoring in all of the above?Pics are attached for your reference below.I must add that my last purchase based on the inputs of the forum has been a great source of joy.It was a Buren.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ever so humble with your observation skills, aren't you?;-)
I'm so humble I need to pinch myself now and then. :)

It looks like there are fingerprints on the dial that have reacted over the years so it has gone a little bad in the lower corner

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so humble I need to pinch myself now and then. :)

It looks like there are fingerprints on the dial that have reacted over the years so it has gone a little bad in the lover corner
Problem with most of the generally clean dials is that they are too clean hinting at redials.Yet to come accross that completely clean with patina and zero speckmarks dial.I have'nt committed to the purchase of course.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Problem with most of the generally clean dials is that they are too clean hinting at redials.Yet to come accross that completely clean with patina and zero speckmarks dial.I have'nt committed to the purchase of course.
I don't know if the fingerprints can be removed or if the damge has gone down deeper then the upper layer and it will only get worse so I would stay away or find a replacement dial. The faded antichoc is normal as it was printed with a lighter color.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Your target watch is quite similar to the Lemania 105 I picked up a couple of months ago but didn't receive until this week from my Sister in Venice I have my US EB purchases sent to her.....

It looks nice and while I didn't look at your hallmark pics if they are there, mine is solid 18ct, yours has a better dial after all the years have gone by and I paid a little higher price, cheers and good luck ! Scott

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalkk

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I would also have thought a SS case would be more desirable compared to a worn GF. But I don't know the preference specifics of this model for collectors. That said, they don't seem to come up for sale often - I would rather like one myself. Starting from one in good condition is a much easier road to travel.

I have this NOS dial and hand set from I guess a slightly later 1270 - one day I hope I will find a suitable watch on which to use them. Posted as a potential reference.

BTW, the 'NOS' dial currently on ebay looks like a redial to me.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Generally speaking, stainless steel is worth more then gold plate, especially badly worn gold plate like this. I'm not sure the dial belongs to the movement; Antichoc, AFAIK, refers to a particular type of shock protection, which this watch doesn't use. Is this watch from a south american or asian country, by any chance?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would also have thought a SS case would be more desirable compared to a worn GF. But I don't know the preference specifics of this model for collectors. That said, they don't seem to come up for sale often - I would rather like one myself. Starting from one in good condition is a much easier road to travel.

I have this NOS dial and hand set from I guess a slightly later 1270 - one day I hope I will find a suitable watch on which to use them. Posted as a potential reference.

BTW, the 'NOS' dial currently on ebay looks like a redial to me.
NOS dial that you have looks nice.I prefer a well-worn look, without the smudges, of course.

Your target watch is quite similar to the Lemania 105 I picked up a couple of months ago but didn't receive until this week from my Sister in Venice I have my US EB purchases sent to her.....

It looks nice and while I didn't look at your hallmark pics if they are there, mine is solid 18ct, yours has a better dial after all the years have gone by and I paid a little higher price, cheers and good luck ! Scott

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalkk
Nice watch you have there, I daresay, classier looking than what I have here.
Generally speaking, stainless steel is worth more then gold plate, especially badly worn gold plate like this. I'm not sure the dial belongs to the movement; Antichoc, AFAIK, refers to a particular type of shock protection, which this watch doesn't use. Is this watch from a south american or asian country, by any chance?
Watch is from Turkey. Antichoc was a common inscription found on Lemanias. Dont know the significance of it here though.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Not sure why I have found many fine Lemania ww collectibles in very fine original conditions. Starting with serial 105 through 232,000. Many have appeared in this forum. Do not waste $ on this junker. A little patience and daily checking of Ebay will find a decent one. Has been my main source and being a member of NAWCC has helped with good and reasonable collectors as well. SERIAL 105 from NAWCC mart $200. artb

documents4 209a.jpg documents4 205b.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts