WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without sentimentality nor historical rationale, how would you order these (positive display versions) in terms of comfort, functionality, and legibility:
gw-m5610
gw-5000
gw-b5600?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
As far as comfort goes, you might get different answers based on members wrist size.

I think the GW-B5600 is extremely comfortable and it disappears on my wrist since it's super light with the Combi 2.0.

Out of the 3, I also think the GW-B5600 has the clearest display. I appreciate the functionality of this watch but I could do without the Bluetooth - but that's just me and I might be the minority. I very rarely use the app and I just hate having to log into it to see my battery level + it tends to eat up more battery than regular Solar/MB modules.

Aesthetically it's a tie between the GW-5000 and GW-M5610 for me...I do like like how clean and symmetrical the 5000 display is, but to me, it's missing something..maybe a bit more color? And yes, I love the color arrangement on the GW-M5610.

And that is why I own all 3....

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
1. Gw-5000 1jf
1.5. 5610
2. 5600

I own gw-5000 1jf it's on the combi-bracelet from my gw-m5610bc-1jf that I sold with the strap from the gw-5000 1jf.
I rated it a very close 1.5 as I really like the negative display but I like the weight better on the gw-5000 1jf.
I've never owned the last one.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
~Misread on my part, please ignore.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, is there any difference in loudness?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Only owning a GM-W5610 in the square department, i fully agree with Ryanjeepguy.
The module is simple and reliable, the watch itself is light and quite small, but the strap... Well, let's say it's not the best part of the deal.
I know there is a carbon fibre strap available (don't own it, not planning to get it for this watch), but it would already be a huge improvement if the softer resin from the pro-trek line was used.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Gw-b5600
Beautiful, comfy, and every feature you need. Surprisingly I use the bluetooth more than I thought I would for syncing. Quite convenient. My only complaint is that in order to check the battery level you have to sync with the bluetooth app.

Reactions: Spirit of the Watch

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Only owning a GM-W5610 in the square department, i fully agree with Ryanjeepguy.
The module is simple and reliable, the watch itself is light and quite small, but the strap... Well, let's say it's not the best part of the deal.
I know there is a carbon fibre strap available (don't own it, not planning to get it for this watch), but it would already be a huge improvement if the softer resin from the pro-trek line was used.
You can use the GW-5000 strap on the GW-M5610. It is very soft and flexible. I did this on one of my two GLX-5600-1 (as well as replacing the bezel with a matte black one).

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
personally i think youd be splitting hairs between these models (if theyre all on resin bands). if there was a noticeable difference you wouldnt be able to tell without having the other two to wear for awhile to make a proper comparison, and even then none of them are -that- uncomfortable, they weigh nothing (even the 5000) and youll get used to any/all of them after a couple wears.
some ppl dont like bracelets, others do, if you have an extra small wrist its probably the better option so you dont have too much excess tail.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
If it weren't for this "persnicketyness" we'd have nothing to talk about.
Oh? I think there's plenty to talk about, especially with G-Shocks.

Features, colors, modules, atomic, materials, conjectures

1 - 20 of 29 Posts