WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all first post here and looking to buy my first orient..:):)
looking at a Ray. But I saw the revolver and like the looks of that also. But what makes the revolver worth 3 times more?
or should I say is in worth 3 times more?

Thanks
gm991

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
notice the revolver is from the orient star range, ie. in a higher category.
so yea, anything from better finishing, better materials, better movement...
regardless, the orient star range is still good value for money.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
notice the revolver is from the orient star range, ie. in a higher category.
so yea, anything from better finishing, better materials, better movement...
regardless, the orient star range is still good value for money.
+1

sapphire crystal seems well worth the extra cost, if you've ever scratched your mineral crystal.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Ray offers great value. Revolver is more than 3 times the price of Ray so should be compared to other watches.

Not a fan of the Revolver bezel design.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
there is a orient 300 saturation on ebay yellow dial for $700 usd buy that

but if not then yes revolver i love that one

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

sapphire crystal seems well worth the extra cost, if you've ever scratched your mineral crystal.
The web site says it has a mineral crystal just like the ray, seeing that was one of the reasons why I asked.
Is the movement better?? Just doesn't seem to be that much difference between them to justify the 500+ msrp more price tag than the ray.
anyone have any more info would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
The Orient Revolver is an "Air Diver".. That means it is ISO rated for diving.. The Orient Ray is not rated for diving to the same degree, although nothing to stop it's being used for that purpose.. The case of the Orient Revolver is more substantial too.. Better build quality.. Also, like the Orient Mako, the Ray does not use fat spring bars to hold bracelet or strap.. Important consideration in my book..

Specifications

Model WZ0371FD
Orient in house automatic movement
Non hand-winding & non-hacking.
Power Reserve of 40 hours
Static accuracy +25 to -15 seconds daily
Stainless Steel Case with screw in crown and caseback
Calendar
Water Resistance of 200m
Diameter: 43.5mm
Thickness: 14.8
Lug Width: 22mm
Power Reserve Feature
Urethane Strap
Uni-directional bezel

Shop around for best price though..

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
or you can use the search function here and look at pics that ppl have posted of theirs, you'll probably be able to see the differences in construction.
tho i guess the revolver is also a discontinued model as its no longer on orient japan's site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
or you can use the search function here and look at pics that ppl have posted of theirs, you'll probably be able to see the differences in construction.
tho i guess the revolver is also a discontinued model as its no longer on orient japan's site.
I did use the search function and could see it was a beefier piece, but was more interested in the internals.
it is still offered on the US site. I bought a blue Ray any how from long island watch.
thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The web site says it has a mineral crystal just like the ray, seeing that was one of the reasons why I asked.
Is the movement better?? Just doesn't seem to be that much difference between them to justify the 500+ msrp more price tag than the ray.
anyone have any more info would be great.

Thanks
I stand corrected! I was looking at the M-Force, so take a look at that one too. Similar style to the Revolver. There is also a limited edition of the M-Force on their website.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
yes I saw that, but I'm not seeing enough to justify the 3X cost of the revolver over the ray.
What else is there?
The Air Diver "Revolver" is a class up from the Mako, Mako II, Ray etc. line of Orients. I paid 437.00 back in December 2011 for my Revolver shipped brand new. Here are the main upgrades from the Ray.

1.) Power Reserve Meter
2.) Movement was same in 300M saturation until recently (non hacking)
3.) Solid end links
4.) Drilled through lugs
5.) Bracelet clasp is solid stainless 2 button push with scissor clasp (big step up from Ray bracelet)
6.) Overall weight is more substantial
7.) All the markers line up exactly
8.) Bezel is a precision 60 click with no backplay
9.) Iso dive rated
10.) Signed crown and caseback.
11.) Lume is much clearer and brighter

Not worth 875.00 IMO, but definetely hard to beat in the 400-600 range. Hope you like your Ray. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts