WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently this RW watch is selling on EBAY and I need to confirm if this is the only version of the 9189 that was made. I have been approached by someone selling the 9189 but it has a different face than the one that is currently on EBAY June-8-2010.

Any help is appreciated as I cannot find any reference anywhere and this is a expensive purchase at $2,000USD.

Here is the EBAY link for reference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260617184075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

·
Registered
162 Posts
The seller copied my description of the Raymond Weil I sold on ebay. <|

My genuine Raymond Weil ref. 9189 had the serial number on the case-back (like my other RW watches).

I'm not sure the watch in that auction is an original RW. :think:

I would avoid to take it... in any case 2,000 US dollars are too much for this used watch! I sold mine (original and in like new conditions) for a ridiculous price... it's a watch hard to sell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help, I am returning the watch and told the seller I was concerned that some diamonds, the sapphire and serial number were all missing. At the RW official website I read that pre-1999 RW watches did not have the serial number. But I am glad you proved that this watch did have a serial number.

So I believe that maybe the watch was stolen, damaged, and then the thief sanded off the serial number to avoid the police. The thief sold it to an unsuspecting buyer who is now trying to sell it to me. I just can't believe a the watch just mysteriously lost the serial number.:-s

I took several large 12MP photos that I can post if can help the RW community, though I still need to start looking for another watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts