WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just been offered some raymond weil watches which the guy claims cost him £1000 each 20 yrs ago. Just looking around on the internet it appears the used value of these watches is very poor and im not sure how much i should offer him for the watches.... any thoughts?
20150127_200657.jpg
the leather strap is marked 9124-2
the small link 5549 and the other 2 are 3725-1 thanks ...

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Why would you be interested in buying them all ? I mean if there is one of them you really like, buy it. Otherwise you're right, they're not worth much. I bet the seller has unrealistic expectations. He won't even recoup 10% of what he paid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no he doesnt i just want to pay him there current worth and he understands that. hes hit hard times and he had 11 of them this is just 4

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
They are not popular styles. I have one RW and have had a few. They are Swiss. Not an expert on their heritage but they have been around awhile. I believe still independent.

As with other watches, there are popular styles and movements, new and vintage. I would not buy them unless you like them. I do not imagine they will sell fast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i actually do like there bling but wouldnt have liked to buy them new with a 90% loss..... i will keep them not sell if i buy them them so thats ok

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Unless they are precious metals/real jewels, and I'm pretty sure they are not, there is no way I believe he paid that much for them in 1995.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts