WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Casio (non-G-Shock) Question

Hello all,

I was looking to buy a Casio CFX-20 calculator watch, of which I had two questions.

First, on Casio's website they do not have a manual of the watch (either CFX-20 or the Cfx-200; both module 197) to look at. I have also searched the web and did not see the information. As such, does anyone know if the watch is water resistant?

Second, besides eBay as well as posting a WTB in the WUS forum, does anyone know a good place to find one?

Thank you all!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts

My experience with Casio calculator watches is, if it doesn't say water resistant, you'd better take it off before washing your hands. Also, water resistant doesn't mean it's submergable. Got a CA-53W myself (basic calculator watch).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My experience with Casio calculator watches is, if it doesn't say water resistant, you'd better take it off before washing your hands. Also, water resistant doesn't mean it's submergable. Got a CA-53W myself (basic calculator watch).

Hello!

Thanks for the help! And, indeed, it was the handwashing issue that I had in mind for, if I ever do own a Casio calculator watch, I do not want to ruin it via such a trivial task.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
193 Posts

Hello all,

I was looking to buy a Casio CFX-20 calculator watch, of which I had two questions.

First, on Casio's website they do not have a manual of the watch (either CFX-20 or the Cfx-200; both module 197) to look at. I have also searched the web and did not see the information. As such, does anyone know if the watch is water resistant?

Second, besides eBay as well as posting a WTB in the WUS forum, does anyone know a good place to find one?

Thank you all!!!
Here is the manual for module 197. (courtesy casionerd)

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hello!

Thank you verym very much! I greatly appreciate it!

Perhaps avoidance to all water, even minor amounts, would be prudent then for this watch!!!!

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts