WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of re-finishing my SEAL but don't really know what finish I prefer (brushed, bead-blasted, etc.). I have a titanium SMG, and of course my beloved PVD Phantom. The SEAL doesn't need re-finishing for any reason other than my desire to make it "pop". Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
After seeing the Jack/IWW-modded SEAL on this forum a couple of weeks back (lefty conversion, relume, orange seconds hand, and full PVD treatment), I'd vote for a PVD finish. Mind you, I've never been partial to bead-blasted finishes, so I'm a bit biased here.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
After seeing the Jack/IWW-modded SEAL on this forum a couple of weeks back (lefty conversion, relume, orange seconds hand, and full PVD treatment), I'd vote for a PVD finish. Mind you, I've never been partial to bead-blasted finishes, so I'm a bit biased here.

Regards,
Adam
If only Jack still did PVD

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Scott,

A PVD finish on a Seal would give it an awesome and impressive look.

James

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
If only Jack still did PVD
What!?! I was thinking about having this done to my s/s SEAL when it came time for an overhaul (five years from now probably, but still...). Are you sure about this? Afterall, he's still got it up on his site.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Lads,

JACK is looking at starting Pvding come the new year, I spoke to Jack about this not long back, I think he's changing Pvder not sure. With beadblasting you have a wide range of choice, as you have quite few grades of abrasive to choose from, and the watch can always be reblasted, Re-pvding is not so easy.

Cheers

Bry @ SatinTimeUK

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry I didn't notice this thread till today...

I exchanged e-mails w/ Jack back in October and he confirmed (at that time) that he was in the process of obtaining PVD samples from potential vendors. Jack also mentioned a slight price increase (PVD option) in the future.

In regards to the Custom Seal (Darth)...The PVD has held up very well. I don't baby the watch and use it for most activities. The only noticeable wear is where the buckle meets the bracelet. Can't see it unless you take off the watch. The little wear on the bracelet gives it a vintage look. :)

Nothing noticeable. Very military, very black, and very unique.

Trust me..The PVD draws you in and won't let you go. I tried to sell the watch a couple of times and I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Regarding a finish that "pops" , Dan at Kobold has a titanium seal with high polish and that grabs my attention every time I see it. Although not a big fan of the Seal (too large for my wrist) , this one is really nice. Now stop grinding your teeth gents. :-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts