WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Well, the movement doesn't look correct. It should be a 551 in there. Darn, the rotor looks Japanese.

Or as said above.

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
dial isn't correct either.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I don't think that "franken" would be the right term, since this one was probably built in 100% in one place, with 100% counterfeit parts. That said, I think it's 100% fake. The case, although having all the necessary markings, looks too shoddy to have anything to do with Omega. I guess the dial is in its "original" condition, and that's too bad, because otherwise we'd have a nice candidate for the "most ridiculous redials" thread.
The logo seems to be "Omlga" instead of "Omega". Something like these "Longenes" and "Folex" once sold from under the trench coats, it seems.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I don't think that "franken" would be the right term, since this one was probably built in 100% in one place, with 100% counterfeit parts. That said, I think it's 100% fake. The case, although having all the necessary markings, looks too shoddy to have anything to do with Omega. I guess the dial is in its "original" condition, and that's too bad, because otherwise we'd have a nice candidate for the "most ridiculous redials" thread.
The logo seems to be "Omlga" instead of "Omega". Something like these "Longenes" and "Folex" once sold from under the trench coats, it seems.
A 'FRANKEN' watch is one made from parts NOT from the OEM.

Is the movement Omega, did Omega ever make a watch with that movement.
If the answer to either is no - then its a Franken!

I dont care if the watch was "built in one place" if it uses NON Omega parts!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
I don't think that "franken" would be the right term, since this one was probably built in 100% in one place, with 100% counterfeit parts. That said, I think it's 100% fake. The case, although having all the necessary markings, looks too shoddy to have anything to do with Omega. I guess the dial is in its "original" condition, and that's too bad, because otherwise we'd have a nice candidate for the "most ridiculous redials" thread. The logo seems to be "Omlga" instead of "Omega". Something like these "Longenes" and "Folex" once sold from under the trench coats, it seems.
If it is your contention and you are asserting that this is/was originally purposefully assembled with no genuine Omega parts (and the same is confirmed true) and that as such in its totality is a purely counterfeit watch - you are correct in not applying the franken term to it.

Franken and Omega - in a Shelleyesqe manner of consideration - could be correctly coupled only if the watch was completely or substantially composed of genuine Omega components.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
I think that we have been through all this in other places and, since this abomination is definitely either fake or franken but 100% not the real McCoy and has been discussed as far as can and need be, I will close this thread.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.