WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago, I picked this watch up at an estate sale along with some other common watches. I gave it to my wife to stuck it in a drawer until I saw it today. I picked it up and it started working after I moved a bit. I set the correct date and time and it's working fine. The crown screws down tight. The sweep second hand moves smoothly unlike a quartz. The dial and crystal are perfect. The back of the watch case has no markings. The band does have markings. I do not know how to remove the back and wouldn't anyway if it's real. Any opinions about whether it's real or not will be appreciated

. DSC08119.JPG DSC08113.jpg DSC08117 (1024x577).jpg

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Very fake. Your wife was right to toss it into a drawer and forget about it.

It needs to go into the trash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very fake. Your wife was right to toss it into a drawer and forget about it.

It needs to go into the trash.
Every opinion so far is it's fake, so that's good enough for me. I'm just curious though, who makes a self winding fake Rolex. Think these are sold letting the customer know they are fake...or are there manufacturers trying this hard to convince buyers they are real, thus a self winding movement. Just curious. I have two nice Omegas but no Rolex.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Every opinion so far is it's fake, so that's good enough for me. I'm just curious though, who makes a self winding fake Rolex. Many (mainly Chinese) companies make automatic movements for fake Rolex watches Think these are sold letting the customer know they are fake...or are there manufacturers trying this hard to convince buyers they are real, Yes thus a self winding movement. Just curious. I have two nice Omegas but no Rolex.
It is getting close to the point where most people will want to buy from an authorized dealer to be sure of getting a real Rolex. The amount of scams out there are astounding.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I'm just curious though, who makes a self winding fake Rolex.
Almost every maker of fake Rolexes.

...or are there manufacturers trying this hard to convince buyers they are real...
"This hard"? LOL. They didn't try very hard. That's a pretty bad looking fake.

Reactions: fkwtchironman

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
If I can tell it is a fake, it definitely is.

This one definitely looks fake to me.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Every opinion so far is it's fake, so that's good enough for me. I'm just curious though, who makes a self winding fake Rolex. Think these are sold letting the customer know they are fake...or are there manufacturers trying this hard to convince buyers they are real, thus a self winding movement. Just curious. I have two nice Omegas but no Rolex.
The crappy fakes convince people who wont spend more than £50 on a watch as they believe youre just paying for the logo if you buy a decent watch, especially if it has a sweeping seconds hand as thats the cheapskates way of identifying a proper Rolex. If its got Rolex, Tag etc on the dial they think its job done and people cant tell fakes. Someone at work showed me his crappy fake Tag this morning and told me he paid £1000 off eBay for it. I didnt say anything as he knows im rude enough to tell him why hes an idiot. I guess my expression told him what he needed to know as he looked shocked that I knew it was rubbish when he had probably been laughing to himself that he has everyone convinced. Ive seen people in markets in Spain picking horrible glass bead covered junk off sunglasses racks with excitement. They often have the same horrific watch with a choice of logo on the dial. The Datejust is available from Tag, omega, breitling. Even Panerai.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts