WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
372 Posts
Fake.

You know Brequet is a really expensive brand? They make perfect watches.

This one clearly had some flaws, look at how to subdials connect, they are not connected well. Look at how the subdial hands are not centered on the day/date.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Fake.

You know Brequet is a really expensive brand? They make perfect watches.

This one clearly had some flaws, look at how to subdials connect, they are not connected well. Look at how the subdial hands are not centered on the day/date.
chrono pushers for the calendar... :)

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
YUCK! Obvious fake. IBTL!

·
Premium Member
20,721 Posts
If you're truly looking at eBay to purchase a luxury watch like a Breguet, then you should educate yourself quite a bit more about what to look for in an authentic high-end watch. There are many things which clearly indicate that the watch is a fake, such as the chronograph pushers for a non-chronograph watch, and the day/night indicator pretending to be a moonphase. The overall fit and finish is also ridiculously poor.

Reactions: BackForSeconds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you're truly looking at eBay to purchase a luxury watch like a Breguet, then you should educate yourself quite a bit more about what to look for in an authentic high-end watch. There are many things which clearly indicate that the watch is a fake, such as the chronograph pushers for a non-chronograph watch, and the day/night indicator pretending to be a moonphase. The overall fit and finish is also ridiculously poor.
I would never purchase anything outside of an AD , however I do enjoy searching eBay once in a blue moon as there are always some interesting pocket watches.

·
Registered
559 Posts
In any case, I wouldn't ever buy a Breguet off eBay, real or not -- too risky imho.

*edit* oops seem's I am repeating some earlier posts, didn't see.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just out of interest anyone got a guess as to what the numbers in the moon phase dial are referring to?

...a countdown timer until the thing stops
.... how many people will laugh before you take it off
.... for a planet with 18 months in a year

Suggestions on a post card please

·
Premium Member
20,721 Posts
Just out of interest anyone got a guess as to what the numbers in the moon phase dial are referring to?

...a countdown timer until the thing stops
.... how many people will laugh before you take it off
.... for a planet with 18 months in a year

Suggestions on a post card please
My guess, given that it's really a day/night indicator is that the subdial hand is just a 24 hour indicator and is slaved to the sun/moon disk behind it.

·
Premium Member
20,721 Posts
Duplicate post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts