WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thanks for more experienced eyes on this one- I guessed as much.
I even had to mail the seller for that description- but I am not saying the seller is/was aware of the utter fakeness of this item...
But who ever has bid it up to £31 must be expecting a Casio Frogman as the listing says it is.
I feel sorry for them

Still 50 mins of the listing left...

·
Registered
818 Posts
I even had to mail the seller for that description- but I am not saying the seller is/was aware of the utter fakeness of this item...
But who ever has bid it up to £31 must be expecting a Casio Frogman as the listing says it is.
I feel sorry for them

we should have collectively bumped the price upto £500 and then refuse to buy because its fake.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
we should have collectively bumped the price upto £500 and then refuse to buy because its fake.

How do you propose to prove to eBay the watch is a fake prior to taking possession of it? There is one person who posts on this board (Sjors) that I believe would unquestionably qualify as an expert witness. Other than that you would probably need a letter from Casio or an authorized Casio service center to support your claim. (Edit: Maybe two...the guy who runs MyGShock.com.)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I feel sorry for them

here's an easy tip about frogman watches. There's no such thing as an analog frogman. They're all digital

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ebay arent as dumb as they sometimes would like us to believe

You're correct...which is exactly why bidding up the watch at the end of the auction and then refusing to complete the transaction based on your belief the watch is counterfeit might not be the smartest ploy. Think about it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It went for £31 and £6 postage...

I did mail the guy for more details and ask if he knew if it was real or not, where he bought it and if it had box etc- I didn't get a reply.
He had 100% feedback on eBay, so to be fair to the guy it might have been an unknowing mistake.
However, to list it just as a Casio G shock with such a tiny pic which was unclear, and to only give up the details about what was on the case back after a direct question could lead you to believe the seller had knowledge to the contrary...?

·
Registered
407 Posts
an Ani-Dig Frog...you sure thats fake? :think: ......................JJ!!:rodekaart

1 - 15 of 15 Posts