WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "other half" has recently purchased off Ebay , a Tag Heuer Alter Ego watch for me for Xmas .

We were told it was brand new , never worn and that it came from a local jewellers and had cost £800 . It was 14 months old so had 8 months still left on the guarantee .

We are very suspicious as it doesn't have the seriel number on the back of the watch (it only has the model no WP1314-1) . Also the guarantee card hasn't been signed and dated by the Tag Heuer Dealer where purchased .

I already own a 4 year old Tag Heuer watch (Link model) , and when I look at mine and other Alter Ego's on the internet it doesn't seem to be of the same quality .

I have attached a number of photos of the suspect areas .

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.....many thanks

DSCF2374.jpg
DSCF2369.jpg
DSCF2331.jpg
DSCF2362.jpg
DSCF2360.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have no experience with that watch so i can't comment on its authenticity, but the watch needs to match the serial on the card and the card needs to be signed in order for the warranty to be valid, so it seems like you're out of luck in that regard, which doesn't bode well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you OwaN for your comments .
I agree with you regarding the Guarantee card , it should have been signed by the authorised dealer - we were told it came from a Tag Heuer dealer (cost £800) and was 16 months old .
Also there is no serial number on the back of the watch (only the model number) .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Dieselgeek for your comments .
We believe this is a very good fake - the obvious problem is that there is no serial number on the back of the watch (and the guarantee card has not been filled in) .
In addition there are lots of suspect areas you can see if you've got good sight/magnifying glass . - I can compare it to these areas on my 4 year old Tag Heuer and i've looked at someone elses Alter Ego and they then stand out a mile . The one that stands out the most is all authentic Alter Egos appear to have the clasp release button on the opposite side of the strap to the winder ie if your wearing the watch so that the winder points towards your fingers , the clasp button is then on the opposite side (and is hidden as it faces up towards your arm) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts