WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for crosspost. But It's Dead @ omega watch busters and I need a response "asap" so I can potentially buy is before someone else does.

Looking for a go ahead on this one. Small scratch on the dial but not much. Hes asking 375$ for it. Which I think it cheap? Im a total beginner when it comes to watches though keep in mind so I might be missing something.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks. You feel pretty confident?

I wonder if the bracelet is easily adjustable... I have tiny wrists so Im sure it won't fit as is.
Looks ok to me quite common to have Gilt dial furniture and stainless case in 50's/60's omega's and I'd ditch the Spiedel band for a nice leather.

Matt

Reactions: bobbee

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I think it's not genuine - hands and dial are 50's, case looks 60'ish to me, and the 562 movement is definitely 60's. Check the Omega Vintage DB to be sure, but I'd let go on this one. Haste is a bad advisor when it comes to vintage watches.

The bracelet is a flex Speidel I would replace anyway. It makes the Omega look like truffels on top of cauliflower ;-)

Best
Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think it's not genuine - hands and dial are 50's, case looks 60'ish to me, and the 562 movement is definitely 60's. Check the Omega Vintage DB to be sure, but I'd let go on this one. Haste is a bad advisor when it comes to vintage watches.

The bracelet is a flex Speidel I would replace anyway. It makes the Omega look like truffels on top of cauliflower ;-)

Best
Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im a total novice when It comes to watches so I will take your advice and relax.
I would have probably replaced the bracelet to a leather strap! :)

Do you have knowledge about Breitling vintage? I have one in "breitling buster" section. I thought I wouldn't crosspost everything at least lol.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
For Bretlings you may want to pm 'Watchfred', the resident Breitling disciple here :)

Best
Tomcat

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I would have said genuine, that is all the parts (movement, case, dial) are Omega.
Maybe its re-cased.
But without research to the contrary, I would have said OK.
Adam

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Hi there,

usually markers and/or digits should have the same color as the case. I'm not sure that steel watches with golden applications never left the Omega factory, but I prefer not to touch such samples.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi there,

usually markers and/or digits should have the same color as the case. I'm not sure that steel watches with golden applications never left the Omega factory, but I prefer not to touch such samples.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

I am 100% sure this is not true. There are some examples in the Journey through time boom.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Still - I don't think this particular one is legit. Which is why I advised thorough research rather than a hush-hush decision (that would probably have been regretted afterwards.)

Best
Tomcat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone !

how much would you pay for that omega seamaster automatic ? There is a seller and we are negotiating so i ll buy it . What do you think ?
IMG-07f155965d07ff72b83b8f6294f2b424-V_1539082028149.jpg IMG-709de8bfac4bb77938024e7c2b75f08f-V_1539082048534.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi everyone !

how much would you pay for that omega seamaster automatic ? There is a seller and we are negotiating so i ll buy it . What do you think ?
I would not pay anything. Ugly redial, overpolished damaged case, suspicious crown (for what is seen), no movement pic... etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts