WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

real or fake

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jobryan 
#1 ·
Girard Perregaux two tone dial manual winding watch Wristwatch for sale - USD 282 (ID 1608779) - Chrono24.com

I didn't know where else to post this, didn't seem apropriate for high end, (im not suggesting this is high end but as a brand Girard Perregaux seems to be) and theres no GP forum. It looks real, the movement seems to looks like alot of other vintage GP's. I can't find anything on the GP 101 it says to have though. Also cant find one like this anywhere I looks (although it is hard to find two identical vintage watches anywhere on the internet).

#2 ·
It may be legit, but the dial has been heavily cleaned or refinished, and the case polished to death.
I would save my cash in this case.

Yeah, and I love the "plastic strap".
You can get a nice leather strap in Thailand cheaply, but the seller obviously wants to maximise the profit!!

#7 ·
You can find a more original watch for that kind of money, IMO.
If you look closely on the pics, I can detect a riple effect on the case. If that is correct, it indicates lots of polishing with a small whell, like a Dremel tool.

#9 ·
I have no opinion as my specialty is GP quartz... ha! :)

#10 ·
As I said it the Public forum, it's refinished horribly and over polished. You can find much better deals from the online vintage dealers. Before GP developed their own movements they used ETA, A. Schild, FEF, and Peseux movements in their watches. From what I can see of the movement it looks okay. However, I wouldn't pay asking price for this watch.

#13 ·
As I said it the Public forum, it's refinished horribly and over polished. You can find much better deals from the online vintage dealers. Before GP developed their own movements they used ETA, A. Schild, FEF, and Peseux movements in their watches. From what I can see of the movement it looks okay. However, I wouldn't pay asking price for this watch.
any in particular you're referring to? would appreciate some links :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.