WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girard Perregaux two tone dial manual winding watch Wristwatch for sale - USD 282 (ID 1608779) - Chrono24.com

I didn't know where else to post this, didn't seem apropriate for high end, (im not suggesting this is high end but as a brand Girard Perregaux seems to be) and theres no GP forum. It looks real, the movement seems to looks like alot of other vintage GP's. I can't find anything on the GP 101 it says to have though. Also cant find one like this anywhere I looks (although it is hard to find two identical vintage watches anywhere on the internet).

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
It may be legit, but the dial has been heavily cleaned or refinished, and the case polished to death.
I would save my cash in this case.

Yeah, and I love the "plastic strap".
You can get a nice leather strap in Thailand cheaply, but the seller obviously wants to maximise the profit!!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Refinished dial and hands. The D in Girard is incorrect. As Janne said the case has been polished. Best forum to post this would probably be the Vintage forum.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
You can find a more original watch for that kind of money, IMO.
If you look closely on the pics, I can detect a riple effect on the case. If that is correct, it indicates lots of polishing with a small whell, like a Dremel tool.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I have no opinion as my specialty is GP quartz... ha! :)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
As I said it the Public forum, it's refinished horribly and over polished. You can find much better deals from the online vintage dealers. Before GP developed their own movements they used ETA, A. Schild, FEF, and Peseux movements in their watches. From what I can see of the movement it looks okay. However, I wouldn't pay asking price for this watch.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Hi jobryan,

no idea, but likely genuine. But for my oppinion a watch in the style of the
40s, an ultraflat movement after 1971, and the monster size of today is a
terrible mix.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
95 Posts
As I said it the Public forum, it's refinished horribly and over polished. You can find much better deals from the online vintage dealers. Before GP developed their own movements they used ETA, A. Schild, FEF, and Peseux movements in their watches. From what I can see of the movement it looks okay. However, I wouldn't pay asking price for this watch.
any in particular you're referring to? would appreciate some links :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The price says open too offers, so I would make a lower offer. As for the refinish, i don't think it's done horribly at all. Yes it is overpolished but oh well. Im not really looking to buy it because it is vintage, so the original state isn't as important to me if that makes sense. As for other ones better for the money, there's really not many others i like better for the price. could someone post a link to one of these vintage dealer sites? Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts